Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Dorado

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 25, 2007
Flare pretty versatile board . Dedicated thruster , holds on Kate drops loose off the top . Real easy to bounce off the wash on cutbacks . Pretty solid all around full bodied shortboard

Reactions: Havoc and Aruka
Nov 17, 2007
Anyone ride both a fuse and flare? I’ve owned multiple flares and obviously love them.. but have been wanting to try the fuse. Curious how they compare?

currently have a GX, wtf and have a habanero in order

Reactions: jkb

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Anyone ride both a fuse and flare? I’ve owned multiple flares and obviously love them.. but have been wanting to try the fuse. Curious how they compare?

currently have a GX, wtf and have a habanero in order
I want a Habenero. That thing looks spicy. Might replace my HS Untitled with one whenever it dies.

Let us know what you think once you have a chance to ride it.

Nov 17, 2007
Looks awesome! For some reason I thought these things had a wing. I guess it's more of a hip?
Yeah, No wing on it. Rode it today at HB, waist high.. off shore and it worked pretty damn good! Need to get it on a better day without the howling offshores to really see what it’s like.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Yeah, No wing on it. Rode it today at HB, waist high.. off shore and it worked pretty damn good! Need to get it on a better day without the howling offshores to really see what it’s like.
Glad to hear. Did you size the Hab any differently from your GX? Similar foil? Thinking of going a little shorter/wider on one.

Nov 17, 2007
Glad to hear. Did you size the Hab any differently from your GX? Similar foil? Thinking of going a little shorter/wider on one.
I actually went the opposite and just had him go longer and narrower(I’m a big dude at 6’3 225).

my gx is 6’3 and had him make the habanero 6’5.

Reactions: jkb and Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I actually went the opposite and just had him go longer and narrower(I’m a big dude at 6’3 225).

my gx is 6’3 and had him make the habanero 6’5.
Shoot. I'm 6'3" too but only 185lbs. My GX is 6-2 and I was thinking of going 6-1 but wider and thicker for the Hab.

Reactions: jkb and retodd