Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
retodd said:
Banjo felt great under my arm :)

Did not feel up the other 2 :(

You are stocked
Dang. I wish you'd been able to feel up the round pin. Definitely one of the best feeling/looking boards I've ever owned.

YakAk

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 22, 2010
mayday said:
J_D_J said:
Looks so good, Aruka.

What are your thoughts about EPS from Stamps? They look great.
I have an EPS GX and It’s super light and pretty strong. Wouldn’t say it’s as strong as Stretch’s tech but definite quality and significantly lighter, and let’s not overlook the reasonableness of tim’s prices. Buddy of mine ordered an EPS GX also and it’s his favorite board of all time. He’s hooked with Tim as a shaper because of it.

Ordering a longboard with Tim now, anyone have one or had one that they could comment on, model, prime conditions for it, things you would change if ordering again...
I have a couple Odyssey's and a Bridge. They have been great boards. The Odyssey is really a good all around LB. My friend has a Dorado and loves it.

FresnoRipper

Michael Peterson status
Aug 25, 2002
mayday said:
J_D_J said:
Looks so good, Aruka.

I have an EPS GX and It’s super light and pretty strong. Wouldn’t say it’s as strong as Stretch’s tech but definite quality and significantly lighter, and let’s not overlook the reasonableness of tim’s prices. Buddy of mine ordered an EPS GX also and it’s his favorite board of all time. He’s hooked with Tim as a shaper because of it.

Ordering a longboard with Tim now, anyone have one or had one that they could comment on, model, prime conditions for it, things you would change if ordering again...
Don't feel like you have to choose one of his "models". I told him what I was looking for and he cooked up a perfect longboard that is modern and easy to surf. Tell him what you want out of it and he'll dial you in. :jam_on:

By the way, beautiful boards Aruka.

Mayday

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 12, 2014
Long Beach, NY
YakAK said:
mayday said:
J_D_J said:
Looks so good, Aruka.

I have an EPS GX and It’s super light and probably not etty strong. Wouldn’t say it’s as strong as Stretch’s tech but definite quality and significantly lighter, and let’s not overlook the reasonableness of tim’s prices. Buddy of mine ordered an EPS GX also and it’s his favorite board of all time. He’s hooked with Tim as a shaper because of it.

I have a couple Odyssey's and a Bridge. They have been great boards. The Odyssey is really a good all around LB. My friend has a Dorado and loves it.
Thanks! I’m looking at the Javelina and the Hombre but will give those a second look.

Mayday

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 12, 2014
Long Beach, NY
FresnoRipper said:
mayday said:
J_D_J said:
Looks so good, Aruka.

Don't feel like you have to choose one of his "models". I told him what I was looking for and he cooked up a perfect longboard that is modern and easy to surf. Tell him what you want out of it and he'll dial you in. :jam_on:

By the way, beautiful boards Aruka.
Thanks!

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
mayday said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXyB4aUgugO/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=vz4931iamwq0

All hp off the tail and plenty of old school trim up front

I told Tim I wanted a nice blend of new with some old mixed in . he nailed it

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Oh yeah ,

It works in anything from big Treaties ( used as a cheater board to hog waves ) and glided into tiny West Maui waves .
Pretty amazing session at rjs on super low tide offshore day . get in early and get deep cheater 5 toob rides

Timmy makes a good Longboard

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Concur.
Tim's longboard skills are topnotch, hes just not quite hipster approved
My personal favorite is bridge model with the wide point back behind center, on the outline
Mucho Savy....he understands & can make anything

UFsurfer

Nep status
May 26, 2005
SATX
Aruka, what is that you have on the ground under your boards? I'm moving into a new house and have been looking for something to put under my boards when I make a vertical rack.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
It's Owens Corning Foamular XPS insulation foam board. Comes in 4 x 8 sheets of varying thickness, I think I used 1". I had a couple sheets leftover from when I built my shop. It does the trick and the price was right but there's surely a better option for long term durability since it doesn't really rebound from the nose dents. I was thinking some of those one inch thick gym mat squares that lock together would be pretty trick. Honestly though I just kinda threw my rack together out of stuff I had lying around and I'm cool with it other than I'm running out of space already.

FresnoRipper

Michael Peterson status
Aug 25, 2002
Aruka said:
It's Owens Corning Foamular XPS insulation foam board. Comes in 4 x 8 sheets of varying thickness, I think I used 1". I had a couple sheets leftover from when I built my shop. It does the trick and the price was right but there's surely a better option for long term durability since it doesn't really rebound from the nose dents. I was thinking some of those one inch thick gym mat squares that lock together would be pretty trick. Honestly though I just kinda threw my rack together out of stuff I had lying around and I'm cool with it other than I'm running out of space already.
My buddy uses this exact material in his coffin bags. He has it dialed. Never gets any travel dings on his boards. Good stuff.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Interesting, I might have to try that on my next trip. Still have a whole sheet of the stuff.

This morning I finally got my first session on the 6'3" X-Up.

The thing felt sooo good.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
lucked into a stamps banjo on craigslist.

epoxy build; glassed in keels. 5'3", 20.5" and 2 and 5/16" (29L).

rode it for the first time and it's looking like a keeper. definitely a transition back to a keel fish but i can feel some gnar shreds in that board that want to get out.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
that's awesome obslop. I have been loving the Banjo. it's my most ridden board since I got back home from my trip. I thought I would only want to ride it in clean, lined up surf but I've been riding it in all kinds of conditions and it always impresses me. I tried some big True Ames twins the last few sessions and I like the added pivot and responsiveness for our short, pockety waves. Still seems to have plenty of drive if you work it a little but it turns much sharper. between the short length, the lightweight EPS construction and whatever you'd call what is going on with the outline curve this little Banjo is the most high performance feeling fishy board I've ridden.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Nice one Fresno....
What fins are you going with?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvz0r2eDCT_/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=16351n6mv9tzj

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Banjo just keeps delivering. Haven't really ridden the Fuse much because I can't keep off the fish. Been playing with all my different twin sets and so far each one just feels like varying degrees of goodness except the AMT which felt too pivotal. Next up is the Captain Fin Christenson Twins which I have a good feeling about.

Since my life feels empty without a board on order I've been toying with the idea of a bigger wave twin of some sort. Maybe something like the Indo fish as a twin + trailer or maybe something completely custom.