Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Gigglebox is Tim's take on a hpsb from the 80's. Someone posted that it evolved from his participation in the Board Room shape off honoring Rusty, shaping the 1984. Gigglebox probably overlaps with the Gx in terms of range, but the foam distribution, foil, rocker, rails, and bottom contours are different. Flare is more like a step down version of the Gx.

Last edited:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Flare is for sure a different breed than the GX. Foil, outline and rocker are all different. But, it has a lower low end than the GX and will still work reasonably as the size goes up.

been riding my flare as a quad, addicting for sure, but not really a GX.

yea Im huge believer in the flare. probably the best board ive ever owned for socal. taken it out up to a little overhead and throwing and it has never let me down. my GX has been collecting dust since I got it but now thats it winter im sure itll get a some more love...its a little beatup and im overdue for replacement on her.

Reactions: Havoc
Nov 17, 2007
I’ve tried many of stamps boards over the past 10 years (maybe more). I always seem to order a new flare. Definitely the Best board I’ve had from him (and the wtf but that has its place and time be ridden)

the flare works so well for so cal waves.

Reactions: CutnSnip and Havoc
Nov 17, 2007
How’s that decibel working for you?
ive only ridden it twice. And the waves sucked both times haha

rode it as a quad with the am2 tech flex fins and has plenty of drive for being as crappy as HB was. then as a twin fin + small trailer... loosened the board up a lot and had plenty of speed. I’ll let you know once I ride it in decent waves that aren’t closed out shitty HB

Reactions: bigglesworth

Njryan

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 25, 2011
Quad used the st-2 which is my favorite fins and it felt weird. As a tri Roberts and the DHD, It went better but still rather ride my GX

Reactions: Bkucera

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
ya i'm going with a stamps shadow at 5'11. really close to my magic ss2 in rocker and template and foil (tim checked it). shadow has deeper double where the ss2 has a hint between the fins. went with fcs2 so i can run their gam fin which is better sized than the futures version. can't wait!

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
ya i'm going with a stamps shadow at 5'11. really close to my magic ss2 in rocker and template and foil (tim checked it). shadow has deeper double where the ss2 has a hint between the fins. went with fcs2 so i can run their gam fin which is better sized than the futures version. can't wait!
You have a lot of boars brah