Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Does anyone have any experience with or opinions on any of the numerous Stamps longboards? I'm hoping to get one for small Baja point waves. If it's at all surfable on a groveler or fish that's what I'll be riding but there are definitely some days where the longboard is the right tool for the job. So basically I want something more traditional with lots of glide in small surf. Tim has already given me his input on the matter and I'll probably just have him make whatever he recommends but I'm just curious if any of you guys have tried one of his LB's.

The one's I'm considering are the El Dorado, The Hombre and The Bridge. The Bridge seems like the one Tim is steering me towards for it's versatility and more seamless transition from non-longboards.

Dec 15, 2019
Does anyone have any experience with or opinions on any of the numerous Stamps longboards? I'm hoping to get one for small Baja point waves. If it's at all surfable on a groveler or fish that's what I'll be riding but there are definitely some days where the longboard is the right tool for the job. So basically I want something more traditional with lots of glide in small surf. Tim has already given me his input on the matter and I'll probably just have him make whatever he recommends but I'm just curious if any of you guys have tried one of his LB's.

The one's I'm considering are the El Dorado, The Hombre and The Bridge. The Bridge seems like the one Tim is steering me towards for it's versatility and more seamless transition from non-longboards.
I ordered 4 boards from Tim for the 1st time in late June. Haven't received them yet. I'm not much of a LB myself and only grab one when all else fails. He steered me towards the Hombre. I was actually eyeing the Hobo, EL Dorado & Bridge as well. I just went with his recommendation. How wrong could it go on a log?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I ordered 4 boards from Tim for the 1st time in late June. Haven't received them yet. I'm not much of a LB myself and only grab one when all else fails. He steered me towards the Hombre. I was actually eyeing the Hobo, EL Dorado & Bridge as well. I just went with his recommendation. How wrong could it go on a log?
Nice. The Hombre looks great. I have yet to regret going with Tim's recommendations.

The word from Tim is that the current wait times are around 8 weeks so depending on what you ordered you might not be far from getting that magic email.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC

I had a Bridge for a time and the glide and trim on that thing was amazing

Reactions: Aruka
Dec 15, 2019
Nice. The Hombre looks great. I have yet to regret going with Tim's recommendations.

The word from Tim is that the current wait times are around 8 weeks so depending on what you ordered you might not be far from getting that magic email.
Awesome news! Thought it would be much longer wait. I hope I dig the Hombre. Your right if Tim"s steering ya in a certain direction like the Bridge model must be a reason for it? Probably can't go to wrong in any of those.

Dec 15, 2019
Has anyone ridden a Sultwinn? I’m thinking of getting a longer twin fin and am deciding between one from Tim or an Album townsend
I have a Townsend and have on order a 5 fin Sultan Overeasy mashup from Tim. The Townsend at least for me only sees action when the waves are good 6ft plus lots of ocean moving a round or crowded. Steeper and the juicer I find it likes. In sub-par or smaller surf doesn't work for me at least. I find there are better all around mids out there with a wider range. That's what I hope the board from Tim will do and will be replacing a Album 2+1 Darkness I've had for a number of years. Hope that helps.

misterhat

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2007
Just picked up a stepup from Tim this week to complement my grinderx which is my socal daily driver. Tim calls this the "B12" and it's based off the V12 model.

Seems to have a healthy single concave with potentially a slight double in the fins - I'm actually not 100% sure and if it's there it's very slight. Pretty continuous rocker throughout. Has a good chunk of foam in front with a pretty refined/foil back half. Looks and feels really good in my hands, hopefully we'll get a swell for me to ride it soon.

Edit: Dims are 6'2" x 19 1/4" x 2 3/8". Same width and thickness of the gx, which is 5'9".

Attachments

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Awesome news! Thought it would be much longer wait. I hope I dig the Hombre. Your right if Tim"s steering ya in a certain direction like the Bridge model must be a reason for it? Probably can't go to wrong in any of those.
mine is at 7 weeks so far and will be shaped next week.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Just picked up a stepup from Tim this week to complement my grinderx which is my socal daily driver. Tim calls this the "B12" and it's based off the V12 model.

Seems to have a healthy single concave with potentially a slight double in the fins - I'm actually not 100% sure and if it's there it's very slight. Pretty continuous rocker throughout. Has a good chunk of foam in front with a pretty refined/foil back half. Looks and feels really good in my hands, hopefully we'll get a swell for me to ride it soon.

Edit: Dims are 6'2" x 19 1/4" x 2 3/8". Same width and thickness of the gx, which is 5'9".
he made me on e of those earlier this year based off my love for the gx.. 6'3 19.5 and 2.5

i havent gotten to surf it in waves it was intended for but gave it ago at overhead an point break with the occasion barrel section and she went beautifully.

JJMike

OTF status
Oct 11, 2014
Orange County, Ca

have a 10’ dorado ordered end of may. I wanted a log for slow waves. And can hopefully add some input real soon.