Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Why didn’t anyone tell him it’s just not worth it to produce fins with a futures base?
GG, I was just bustin your balls, man. We all understand that NVS is producing (outsourcing) Tim’s template and he gets a %. As has been discussed, many of us have Tim’s boars with futures boxes (despite your objections) and are glad to be able to ride his fins in them. Plenty of us would like to try your fins if offered but you’ve repeated it’s not gonna happen. So just teasin ya! All good

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
I'm not important enough for these fin makers to make mine

They think its cute I make - design all fins

I know you were poking :)
Yeah...dunno man.
There's an adult learner Brazzo that showed up at our beach not too long ago. He was working at Aldi on the checkouts (UK based grocery multinational) and I recall seeing him in my local surf shop asking about fins for his longboard. It was obvious he was a newb and I've seen him flail around plenty of times out in the water. Anyways now he has his own fin company selling fins and other stuff online. Before launching the website he spent an hour going through every one of the fin templates on the wall at the local surfshop with one of the young guys that work there and picked the brains of one of the local shapers.
Orders his fins from China. Was just doing generic templates but is now offering some more variations.
He has a spectacular mark up on the fins. I've seen at least 2 different posts on different surfing forums where posters have praised his knowledge of fins (nearly spat my coffee over the keyboard when I see this) and calling him "Jim" as he is hiding his Brazzo identity. Good old smoke and mirrors in full play.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
This is your new knowledge and reality .

Going to the Dianese store tomorrow to get my new leathers for my motorcycle - very excited !
Pffft. Nothing new here. My best mate from when I was living in Thailand ran the Rip curl factory which also produced a whole slew of other brands. We also rode bikes with the other manager of the major competing wetsuit brand's factory manager. You're not the only one with insider knowledge to what goes on in the "surf industry" so cut the pompous, condescending sh!t.
Ride safe!

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Pffft. Nothing new here. My best mate from when I was living in Thailand ran the Rip curl factory which also produced a whole slew of other brands. We also rode bikes with the other manager of the major competing wetsuit brand's factory manager. You're not the only one with insider knowledge to what goes on in the "surf industry" so cut the pompous, condescending sh!t.
Ride safe!
I will have to check with Retodd on all that !