Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Picked up my Fuse. Really nice. I'll try to get some pandemic pics up soon. 5'9, 20.5, 2.5. I got the same diamond tail and hard edge nose to tail that Retodd has on his Fuse. But I went with standard Fuse contours, foam distribution. Not the Fuse box mods.

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Takes the resin to full cure too
It will be interesting to see and feel that fully cured resin . I have had almost all the lam schedule on my fish . So far my favorite was 4 s deck with 4 warp bottom . Sanded hot coat . Super light . It of course had a shirt life span lololol

The new one is 4 warp bottom and 4 e 4 warp top . Also trying finbixes for the first time with Keels.... making a trip to Pavones or Fiji soon

Reactions: Havoc and donger

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
He will if you ask . some folks are scared of it

If you can try my old 5-8 that oeste88 has , or do you remember feeling it up that day at 54th street?

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
For me there is no downside .

For for others I could see it making the board a bit harder to control , so if I lighter surfer likes extra foam ( like say 10 pounds on 40 plus liters ) it would be adding more resistance

Heavy riders and small waves to medium waves its is a good time , can't wait to hear how Laidback likes his fusebox+chimerail combo

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
From Wiki:
Reasons for chines[edit]
The oldest type of engineered boats are dugout canoes, which were built by hollowing out a log. These designs generally had rounded bottoms, which made best use of the round shape of the logs. Traditional planked hulls in most cultures are built by placing wooden planks oriented parallel to the waterflow and attached to bent wooden frames. This also produced a rounded hull, generally with a sharp bottom edge to form the keel. Planked boats were built in this manner for most of history.[citation needed]

The first hulls to start incorporating hard chines were probably shallow draft cargo carrying vessels used on rivers and in canals.[1]

Once sufficiently powerful marine motors had been developed to allow powerboats to plane, it was found that the flat underside of a chined boat provided maximum hydrodynamic lift and speed

Reactions: Aruka and retodd