Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
They’re collecting location data and contacts
if you let them
like every other app
from teens and 20somethings

facebook, google and apple do the same
but the chinese are going to fvck us over even more than those tech giants
Chi-coms have likely been spying on Trumby through his unsecured smart phones for 4 years. I don’t see anyone taking away Trumby’s smart phone.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The U.S. is not the only nation to push back on this application for this reason. And by the time it's all over I'm guessing it won't be the last nation to do it, either.

I think coercing the ChiComs to sell to MS is a bullsht move, though. I don't see how that's an appropriate role for govt. If the app has security holes in it then it seems to me that MS shouldn't be allowed to operate it in the U.S., either.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
The U.S. is not the only nation to push back on this application for this reason. And by the time it's all over I'm guessing it won't be the last nation to do it, either.

I think coercing the ChiComs to sell to MS is a bullsht move, though. I don't see how that's an appropriate role for govt. If the app has security holes in it then it seems to me that MS shouldn't be allowed to operate it in the U.S., either.
Usually Germany is All over the privacy concern stuff
i searched for how Germany is dealing with Tiktoc and came up with nothing
i don’t know for sure, but maybe the Germans are ganging up the Chinese against us, as we withdraw our Troops from germany
or maybe not
but I thought it was interesting that Germany wasnt as concerned as the us