Tiger Woods cut out of his roll-over with the ‘jaws of life’ this morning!

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
This is already the start of a better story than anything about Tiger Woods...
Steve selected his wife’s ‘new’ 911L to go get the take-out. It had the ‘new’ Sportomatic transmission which he hadn’t previously driven. ’H’ pattern without a clutch pedal, when the driver’s hand was on the shift knob a clutch was electronically engaged. Confusing at first. He always seemed to drive like he stole the car, bike, etc. No difference in his driving even though he was challenged at first with the weird shifting protocol, at speed. Great speed. Me? I’m tightening my seat belt, holding on and controlling my urge to scream. One of those, “you had to be there to appreciate the moment.” After ‘The Great Escape’ filming ended, Steve and Jim Garner (bought the property next door to the McQueens) both bought Mini’s and souped them up. They terrorized the neighborhood racing each other up and down Oakmont in Brentwood. Out of control.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house

available at amazon, other places too.
his mini is in here...:jamon:

Reactions: john4surf

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My bad. I like food more than I like golf.
That was a pretty exciting win for 24 year old Colin Morikawa this afternoon. Only other player to have 4 wins including a major title by the age of 24 was Tiger himself. Does Colin have what it takes to become the next great player to reinvigorate the sport like Tiger did?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
That was a pretty exciting win for 24 year old Colin Morikawa this afternoon. Only other player to have 4 wins including a major title by the age of 24 was Tiger himself. Does Colin have what it takes to become the next great player to reinvigorate the sport like Tiger did?
Doubtful. Tiger came along at the perfect time. Golf was stagnant. Most players never even worked out in the gym before he came along. Nearly every veteran on tour was straight up scared of playing Tiger. He intimidated the hell out of them. He was doing things with his shots that seasoned PGA veterans had never seen before.

Compare to now where every kid can drive it 300 yards. Competition is way more stacked now. The kids practice all the shots, including the trick shots, etc. Most eat like professional athletes, workout like professional athletes, etc. They all have crazy analytics to analyze courses. And perhaps biggest of all, not a single one of them is intimidated by anyone else on tour because they all want to be like Tiger.

Golf pro once told me the only difference between the top 100 and the rest, is mental. You've got 10000's of guys that can hit every shot in the book, but only the pros can do it under intense pressure.

Additionally, he moved the hype needle like no other golfer in history

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
A valid appraisal. Be interesting to watch his career. Tangent: the pandemic led to 11 million more rounds played nationwide in 2020 as it was one of few outdoor socially distant outdoor activities one could do (if you didn’t learn how to clog a lineup on your soft top instead)

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
yep, pretty much the only times I've watched golf was because Tiger was playing.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Also, he apparently never applied his brakes prior to rollover. WTF?!?! Even if you are speeding you should still hit your brakes at some point, unless you are seriously wasted or passed out.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
It is odd. World-class athlete flooring the accelerator w/o touching the brake :unsure: Wouldn't the hospital check his blood to see if he is intoxicated or high before surgery? Or is that patient's privileged info?

Reactions: mundus

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
It is odd. World-class athlete flooring the accelerator w/o touching the brake :unsure: Wouldn't the hospital check his blood to see if he is intoxicated or high before surgery? Or is that patient's privileged info?
They do and did in this case. When on earth has blood test been considered privileged info. You're just making up phrases now. You really are a dumb motherfooker.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
They do and did in this case. When on earth has blood test been considered privileged info. You're just making up phrases now. You really are a dumb motherfooker.
You seem overly agitated
Take some deep breathes
It’s good for you

• Love
Reactions: Woke AF

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Inhale love
exhale ego.

Inhale love,
exhale ego.

Now open your heart center,
yes, can you feel it,
can you feel the love around you,
it is seeping and permeating all those hidden places you hide from.

Now it is time to embrace the spiritual essence of breathing.
I can tell you are expanding now with a new outlook on life.
Feel the love, just feel the hot air inside your essence.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Inhale love
exhale ego.

Inhale love,
exhale ego.

Now open your heart center,
yes, can you feel it,
can you feel the love around you,
it is seeping and permeating all those hidden places you hide from.

Now it is time to embrace the spiritual essence of breathing.
I can tell you are expanding now with a new outlook on life.
Feel the love, just feel the hot air inside your essence.
Do you want to breathe onto my balls?

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
No there's not supposed to be any ball breathing in here.
We got foamballs.
You may do a ball bounce after wraparound cutback but most pros rarely bother anymore.
The radness and functionality of the rebound got cancelled I guess
Well, you might wanna breathe on some balls.
Nevermind.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
E28A97C7-2778-4D48-898B-466B64FC9930.jpeg

available at amazon, other places too.
his mini is in here...:jamon:
3A2B7A25-A21F-4EF1-9AF1-3590BBCB3E78.jpeg