Tiger Woods cut out of his roll-over with the ‘jaws of life’ this morning!

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
It's really easy to go too fast there. It is not a coincidence that there are two escape lanes right after the section he crashed on-

the first- Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.13.11 PM.png

the second-
Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.15.05 PM.png

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I love the jaws of life.

It'd be interesting to see Tiger hit ballz with a peg leg. I'd start watching golf for that.

Reactions: john4surf

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Tiger may have to switch to the "Stack And Tilt" golf swing. That method mostly takes the right leg out of the equation for a right handed player.

Willing to bet that Tiger could go out a week from now with a bad back and broken leg and still beat 50% of the single digit handicap club golfers out there from the member tees.

Reactions: sizzld1

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Tiger may have to switch to the "Stack And Tilt" golf swing. That method mostly takes the right leg out of the equation for a right handed player.

Willing to bet that Tiger could go out a week from now with a bad back and broken leg and still beat 50% of the single digit handicap club golfers out there from the member tees.
They should rename that vehicle the Spackler.

Reactions: tacos

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
I had a cousin in his late 30's who had split up with his wife then got back together - they had a young child. He was bringing some stuff to a lawyer to close on the house they were buying. He was driving his late model Cadillac sedan on a double lane each way, fairly straight road, mid day on a clear dry day - just a few cars on the road. Someone driving in the right lane saw him go past them at high speed - 90 maybe - then he just gradually drifted right, went off the road, down a hill and was killed. He wasn't wearing a seat belt - it was bad.

We never had a clue why - it made no sense. Years later we heard that he had been on prescription pain killers which led to a drug problem. This made me wonder if he had taken something illegal, like Fentanyl, which can vary widely in strength and it was stronger than he expected and it just knocked him out.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
my friend played jr golf w/ Tiger growing up. He has a picture of him holding the 1st place trophy when they were 12, Tiger's holding 2nd place, looking pissed. Friend ended up burning out in high school after winning CIF. Stopped practicing. Made it into UCLA b/c the coach watched him play for a few holes during CIF finals. Didn't play after he got in. Now he can hustle pretty much anyone on the local courses. Lots of golfers like to bet. Michael Jordan is a notorious gambler on everything.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005

Perhaps, but he is apparently pretty messed up. His doctors are talking about just trying to get him back to walking. Not good.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
If Alex Smith can get back to playing professional football (at a high level no less) after what happened to his, I have hope for Tiger. But it sounds like it's going to be a long, painful journey at best.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
If Alex Smith can get back to playing professional football (at a high level no less) after what happened to his, I have hope for Tiger. But it sounds like it's going to be a long, painful journey at best.
Woods has had five back surgeries including pinched nerves and spinal fusion, five surgeries on his left knee including a ruptured ACL (2x), and cartilage repair, stress fractures in his tibia, MCL sprain in his left knee and in his left Achilles tendon, and problems with his left elbow.

How much more can his body take?

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
i
i have friend who always was a pretty sh:tty surfer, but he’s a scratch golfer, or close to it, depending... i think he’s a phil fan, and i forget which ones of the newer guys...

heard him many times going on about what a cheapskate piece of sheet tiger is.

:socrazy:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Woods has had five back surgeries including pinched nerves and spinal fusion, five surgeries on his left knee including a ruptured ACL (2x), and cartilage repair, stress fractures in his tibia, MCL sprain in his left knee and in his left Achilles tendon, and problems with his left elbow.

This is true, but just from a walking again standpoint, Alex Smith and Tiger Woods both appeared to be, at one point, in a 'you better hope you don't get staph and lose limbs/life' situation.

It's about optimism, not calling him a 2022 Masters dark horse.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

He's read the book, nothing can stop him.

1614376912227.png

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Turn 1 at laguna seca doesn't look that bad from a birds eye view either.
Cars are dangerous, and when the day comes that it's all automated we will look back and think of the savage times when humans were in full control of them.