Thousand Dollar Thrusters

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I actually like how they look a lot but kinda funny they are all same color? His customers will may the markup, I might for a custom consultation with him, prob not though

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I had a CC thruster I got third hand that was for Gerlach. It was an epic board and it always made me want a custom but the price is tough to get past

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I think the way I worded it was too harsh. Im sure his thrusters are fine and probably worth the 1k price to someone. No shade on CC or anyone that would buy one. Just personally I would get a thruster from someone who shapes them consistently like stamps or sharpeye or pyzel or patterson for a couple hundo less.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Might be in the minority here but I would love to try one of Christenson's new HPSB designs.

I even like the way this one looks as a step-down and think the rest of the line looks sick too. I think it might be mislabeled and actually be the OP1.

Agree that the price is steep and there are a lot of awesome boards out there to try so it may not happen.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
back in the early 2000s a local guy used to get some beautiful thrusters from CC

when the logo was the text
Always wanted one back then

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Hell fuckin no.
There's a thread a gazillion pages long here where people are paying well over $1000 for boards with with backyard level glassing, crummy cuts and amateurish finish work.

Meanwhile a genuine master shaper who honed his skills handshaping thousands and thousands of surfboards (yes there is something to be said for that) and in my experience has excellent in-house glassing and actual QC does the same thing and people balk.

LOL.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yeah, but you can get many other great performance shapers' boards for at least $150 cheaper if not more.
Those guys will be raising their prices to equivalent levels soon enough.

The ability to stay operational in a place like CA, inflation, rising rent, EPA and CA regs, etc.

The irony is the majority of people who are going to get priced out of the surfboard market voted for the very policies that are pricing them out.

Reactions: Badger_Badger

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
There's a thread a gazillion pages long here where people are paying well over $1000 for boards with with backyard level glassing, crummy cuts and amateurish finish work.

Meanwhile a genuine master shaper who honed his skills handshaping thousands and thousands of surfboards (yes there is something to be said for that) and in my experience has excellent in-house glassing and actual QC does the same thing and people balk.

LOL.
Older Master shapers are the best bang for your buck when you consider experience and quality.

my Malcom Campbell was under 1k with beautiful color and glass job.

CC’s prices have gone way up. My little twin fish from him was nowhere near 1k