Thoughts?

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
“Hand-shiver“. My line coach attached a football helmet to a sled and had us pound it down the field with our palms. Done correctly you could own a player trying to block you from a three point stance.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Yea true. It’s a weird one to research into, and I totally get what fecal is saying. Some sources have rugby a higher rate while others have football and some other sports ranked higher.
The thing that's interesting in your article is that while there are more concussions in rugby, football conclusions are more severe.

Reactions: manbearpig

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Rugby vs Football: Which Is More Dangerous? - FloRugby

Interestingly there are a lot of people who contend that boxing would be less hazardous without gloves.

Is Boxing Without Gloves Safer And Why Is It Illegal? (askmeboxing.com)

My grandfather boxed bare knuckle matches. He died with all of his facilities in his late 80's. His face was pretty scarred up, but his memory was intact.

And spearing with a helmet in the NFL has been illegal for some time. It's still done to some degree, but nowhere near what it used to be.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Ulster V Leinster. Leinster (favored) won a good match. Rugby players beat the snot out of each other in the match, was super impressed by the speed and the beatings. (but I agree probably a different set of injuries than NFL) but the fans of both/any club could not be nicer. What a phenomenon. We had the most pleasant, funny, and cheerful good time with some locals in the grandstand. They were Leinster fans in an Ulster home stadium and it was like, if Yankees and Red Sox Fans were happily singing sweet Caroline or New York New York arm in arm. The bigger the rivalry the nicer they are to each other. In absolute contrast to the unfettered hatred between catholic and Protestant; and between fans of rival football clubs. The rugby guys all just get along
F3DC48A5-8058-4000-99AC-9EE11752C021.jpeg

Reactions: hal9000