This is going to be the worst week in history!!!!

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Where were would you class yourself?

My parents were working class British. They came here with nothing. Thinking about what they did trips me out.

I guess in America, they were lower middle class.

Working class British is different than American white trash.

I did a study.
Middle class. My dad was a defense engineer and my mother a homemaker. Their parents were working-class people or farmers.

Middle class is more of a mindset than a SES in a lot of ways. The UMC mindset is more of a striving to elite status by mimicking those above in the political class and looking down on those below.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Looks like the governor of Texas is going to rescind all COVID-19 directives next week if the rates of infection stay on their expected trajectory.
Meanwhile Michigan's governor is going full Stalin and dipshit Garcetti wants to keep LA closed for another month

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
He answers only to tech company people who are working from home/have billions already and unions who are getting paid/will be rewarded later for their support and government employees who are getting paid.

There won‘t be any pressure from those people.

Elections here aren’t any concern for democrats. They have those in the bag for at least a generation to come.

Movie theaters - November.

What non-cash thing should we wager?
That's what a lot of people don't get. The people allowed to work right now are either useful to the elite or elite who already work from home either as software developers, creative types, or the managerial class who spend their days in dial-in meetings. Little has changed for these people.

Call your representatives.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Middle class. My dad was a defense engineer and my mother a homemaker. Their parents were working-class people or farmers.

Middle class is more of a mindset than a SES in a lot of ways. The UMC mindset is more of a striving to elite status by mimicking those above in the political class and looking down on those below.
UMC is perfectly illustrated on South Park

Reactions: PRCD

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Yes, but what Texas does is usually taken Sir Gavin - Lord of the Kingdom of California, Great Leader to whom I pledge my unyielding fealty - as a signal to do the exact opposite.

Maybe people don’t notice but much of Newsomes “leadership” is actually just looking at what Trump or conservatives do and then doing the opposite.
Link. We would notice a link. Money where mouth is.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Gavin will fold under the pressure of commerce.

The billionaires need super yachts and G 260s.

I am so confindent in my hunch I would bet money . . .

Nevermind.
Gavin crushed an act of very big money commerce by threatening Disney executives who were going to allow UFC 249 to happen

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Duffy?

Nobody listens to the autoprax.

Now we get to see who's right.

I hope Abbot is.

But he's kind of a dummy.

But dummies get lucky.
Wisdom and intelligence are two completely different things. I know a lot of smart fools who aren't good for much.

Leadership is the act of making decisions in the face of uncertainty and living with the results. You're never going to have all the information you need in the time you need to make a decision. Our rulers lacked a plan to deal with COVID because they were bickering beforehand. They reacted rather than planned. This was a stopgap temporary measure. They are eventually going to have to let us all out and we're going to have to live with death, either of COVID, or accidents, or everything else that kills man.

Are you afriad to die?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
They are eventually going to have to let us all out...
The fact that this concept, that we are being forced to wait for “They” to LET US out, is the current state of affairs is much more frightening than death to me.

I’m going to the beach today. I’m going to let myself out.

Amazingly just that itself is an act of defiance.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD and Ifallalot

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Wisdom and intelligence are two completely different things. I know a lot of smart fools who aren't good for much.

Leadership is the act of making decisions in the face of uncertainty and living with the results. You're never going to have all the information you need in the time you need to make a decision. Our rulers lacked a plan to deal with COVID because they were bickering beforehand. They reacted rather than planned. This was a stopgap temporary measure. They are eventually going to have to let us all out and we're going to have to live with death, either of COVID, or accidents, or everything else that kills man.

Are you afriad to die?
I liked this post up until the ending and then.... woa

there’s a choice between economic suicide and playing chicken with the Wuhan

It seems inevitable that things will reopen in stages with some protections

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017

Engineer is a pretty high wage job

I don’t really care but since you volunteered the info I have to call BS on the posturing as a man of the people

but whether being a man of the people really matters is another question

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Engineer is a pretty high wage job

I don’t really care but since you volunteered the info I have to call BS on the posturing as a man of the people

but whether being a man of the people really matters is another question
You didn't read what I wrote.