This Is Going To Be Big

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Why not a better thread title? :)

You going to enter or are your paddling days behind you now that you wing? At least give us some instagram live's from the day. Yew.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Going to enter both prone and SUP divisions, we'll see how it pans out. They're having it at a spot I know very well, hope it helps. But there are a couple SUP foilers that have that spot dialed with airs.

Reactions: grendel95

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Are they allowing straps though?
Break down the format for us when you find out too please. Still just a two wave per paddle in max?

Reactions: Kaser1

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Are they allowing straps though?
Break down the format for us when you find out too please. Still just a two wave per paddle in max?
I don't know why they wouldn't. I do know a couple Maui groms that are going to do very well, but the prone Kauai boys and Derek Hama (SUP) from O'ahu are on another level, so it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Reactions: sozzle

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Because Foil Fever doesn't like straps.

Look at what @Zaniac just did without straps on a SUP. They're not needed.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
I think straps are a matter of preference, to say they're not needed is an opinion, in my opinion.

I've gone both ways and feel that my feet in straps I can get more aggressive in turns and airs, just saying.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
For sure. They lock you to the board so you have more confidence.
What’s harder. Doing a jump on a snowboard or on a skateboard? Nobody puts straps on a skateboard. It’s just a being “cool” issue.