this. is. BMX.

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
i go back to the "on any sunday" days. riding schwinns with motorcycle bars welded onto stretched out goosenecks, putting plywood on barrels for jumps, seeing how many sidewalk blocks you could jump. powerslides like the speedway guys, then cross ups, table tops, jumping kids, all if the surf was flat or the ramps were soaked. it was a way to pass the time. rode with a couple of kids out at indian dunes. they got motorcycles. i did, too. they were good, fast, and soon were going head to head as to who was the best. bryan myercough and jeff ward. they smoked me when they got xr75's and i still had a yamaha jt1. damn, it was such a simple time.

Reactions: twinzerfan

pastel

OTF status
Nov 23, 2022
just when bmx was getting going, in our neighborhood all we had was the irrigation ditches in the strawberry fields. with retrospect the jumps were nearly impossible, lots of eating sh!t and a few injuries. but this one guy made the jump up the dirt and across the ditch at full speed. after, exponential eating sh!t and injuries. never saw anyone else pull it off. i dont even remember the dudes name who did it. he was from another apartment complex

Reactions: twinzerfan

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
I think that’s the draw as I’m now “old” - reminding me of simpler times.

of course, I’m surfing when I can, but there’s a lot of flat days down here….

luckily there’s some good parks around that allow bikes. Fun to see how it has progressed since 20 years ago…

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
BMX at xgames now.

A guy just got knocked out. I think 3 in total with this guy over the weekend.

1690141532248.png

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
I will never understand the no gloves thing. Save your hands 10x by wearing some.

And don’t tell me a single layer clarino palm doesn’t provide good enough grip to bar feel. I prefer dual layer / padded gloves. Sheesh.

Reactions: Chocki