This guy needs a fat lip

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
RWVBWL said:
Kento said:
They all kind of deserve each other and should just surf Sunslop perpetually. That's what it is there for.
Kento!
Don't send 'em to Sunslop,
there are friggin' sharks there!

#4 of a 13 shot sequence...
Yow~za!!!
:shark:
RW
:roflmao:

I grew up just up the hill from there and have surfed that travesty exactly twice. Hell, even Tower 15 jetty 30 years ago had more localism than anything you see today. Does anyone even surf that anymore?

Gotta say, you were always pretty chill when I'd see you up at Zeros, the days before they completely remodeled the parking lot (bastards). Totally manicured now. Haven't surfed up that way in years - I cringe thinking how bad it is now crowd/etiquette wise.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Kento said:
RWVBWL said:
Kento said:
They all kind of deserve each other and should just surf Sunslop perpetually. That's what it is there for.
Kento!
Don't send 'em to Sunslop,
there are friggin' sharks there!

#4 of a 13 shot sequence...
Yow~za!!!
:shark:
RW
:roflmao:

I grew up just up the hill from there and have surfed that travesty exactly twice. Hell, even Tower 15 jetty 30 years ago had more localism than anything you see today. Does anyone even surf that anymore?

Gotta say, you were always pretty chill when I'd see you up at Zeros, the days before they completely remodeled the parking lot (bastards). Totally manicured now. Haven't surfed up that way in years - I cringe thinking how bad it is now crowd/etiquette wise.
As you can imagine, Zeros has been fvcked for years now. Cruised the parking lot the other day to inspect the fire damage. Pretty crazy. Burned straight down to the ocean on all sides, melted the porta-potties, but spared the Chumash village.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
RWVBWL said:
GromsDad said:
Countless bad interactions with kooks and others who use lots and lots of foam to mask a total lack of ability and fitness to greedily take as many waves as they can. I see this through the eyes of that guy and might have done the same. Fook longboarders......especially ones wearing knee leashes.
Shouldn't that last sentence read:
Fook kooks......especially ones wearing leashes???

I mean, come on,
we all know that it's The Leash that allows kooks to catch too many waves,
for sheee~it mon, they oughts to be swimmin' soon after every pop~up, right?
Have a good 1 ya'all, I'm out, hopin' Sunset be pumpin' today!!!

From Thee WSL;
http://www.worldsurfleague.com/posts/360766/its-on-day-12-of-the-vans-world-cup
:jam_on:
If a longboard is your primary vehicle and you are not silver haired sorry.

Let me tell you something. I'm almost 50 years old with bad shoulders and a bad hip yet I'm still out there doing battle on a shortboard. I can not overstate my dislike and lack of respect for the breed of surfers who use mountains of foam and length to mask a lack of fitness and skill and who use all of that foam to greedily make a nuisance of themselves in what would otherwise be an orderly lineup.

On the flip side A kook on a shorboard is fairly powerless to cause havoc in the lineup and any competent surfer should have no problem dealing with a kook on a shortboard using wave knowledge, strategy and a little hustle.

Let me reiterate........fook longboarders

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Kento said:
down in the parking lot partly burnt now.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
stu dog said:
Kento said:
:roflmao: :cheers:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
stu dog said:
Kento said:
Trippy. Remember going to the sand via running down the iceplant on the hillside. You parked where the lifeguard tower is now and it was seemingly always muddy potholes.

Baywatch filming and the MTV beach house there was the beginning of the end IMO.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
GromsDad said:
RWVBWL said:
GromsDad said:
Countless bad interactions with kooks and others who use lots and lots of foam to mask a total lack of ability and fitness to greedily take as many waves as they can. I see this through the eyes of that guy and might have done the same. Fook longboarders......especially ones wearing knee leashes.

I mean, come on,

From Thee WSL;

Let me tell you something. I'm almost 50 years old with bad shoulders and a bad hip yet I'm still out there doing battle on a shortboard. I can not overstate my dislike and lack of respect for the breed of surfers who use mountains of foam and length to mask a lack of fitness and skill and who use all of that foam to greedily make a nuisance of themselves in what would otherwise be an orderly lineup.

On the flip side A kook on a shorboard is fairly powerless to cause havoc in the lineup and any competent surfer should have no problem dealing with a kook on a shortboard using wave knowledge, strategy and a little hustle.

I'm just glad my usual spot is not exactly conducive to longboards or SUPs. Especially when that inside sandbar is getting frisky with a dropping tide. Yeah, you can get into the wave easy with more foam but what then? What then? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Kento: The spots around me are completely over-run. I live within walking or bike distance of a half dozen great jetty peaks but if I want to eskape the onslaught of entitled kooks on longboards these days I need to get in my car and drive elsewhere. You're damned right if you think I'm bitter about it too.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Real Sunset is pumpin'! Yep, yep, yep!
The 1st 2 of 4 for my guess to Finalizin',
Joel Parko and Wade Carmichael, got beaten in the 1st heat,
hope that Ez Lau and either Ricardo Christie or Jordy make it,
other~wise this kook, me, can't pick~em too good, glad I don't bet $$$$, hahahaha!
Real Sunset is heavy sheeee~it, if ya know what i mean...
Who ya got for the Final 4?
:wave2:

But on this particular topic,
let's, for the sake of argument, check out this pic again, ok?

She, the surfer girl,
is up + ridin' already, another dude, up even earlier, is ridin' too, goin' left.
And Wagner? He is still paddling. BUT, But, but, see all the spray in the air right behind him, on the left side of the photograph? Is that from him kickin' his lil' feet~ies to try + burn her, some~how, some~way? That spray wasn't from his hands paddlin' hard, right? It sure looks like, to me, that it was from him kickin' his feet, too...
F**kin' KOOK!
My 2¢ only,
RW

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Kento said:
GromsDad said:
RWVBWL said:
GromsDad said:

I mean, come on,

From Thee WSL;

I'm just glad my usual spot is not exactly conducive to longboards or SUPs. Especially when that inside sandbar is getting frisky with a dropping tide. Yeah, you can get into the wave easy with more foam but what then? What then? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
That is the question I'd like an answer to as well. I'm getting a bit long in the tooth, and I'm having more trouble getting in early enough on my current quiver, all of which are less than 6'2". But why go to a log or SUP? Just add an inch or two in length, and a little more width or thickness, and keep on trucking.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
GromsDad said:
RWVBWL said:
GromsDad said:

I mean, come on,

From Thee WSL;

Why do you care if someone longboards? Learn to get waves and find spots where it doesnt matter.

I longboard, i shortboard, I ride a fish. No matter to me what someone else rides. I know how to go seek out waves and get my share.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ko25ok said:
GromsDad said:
RWVBWL said:
GromsDad said:

I mean, come on,

From Thee WSL;

Why do you care if someone longboards? Learn to get waves and find spots where it doesnt matter.

I longboard, i shortboard, I ride a fish. No matter to me what someone else rides. I know how to go seek out waves and get my share.
You must be bad ass.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
as an aside, notice she never looked back to see which way the guy behind her went. #freeforall

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
GromsDad said:
Kento: The spots around me are completely over-run. I live within walking or bike distance of a half dozen great jetty peaks but if I want to eskape the onslaught of entitled kooks on longboards these days I need to get in my car and drive elsewhere. You're damned right if you think I'm bitter about it too.
I don't blame you one bit for being pissed about that. :roflmao:

Unfortunately, I live inland enough that gotta drive although I have a solid range of spots within half an hour. I avoid the clusterfucks like Creek and Lowers like the plague. Post-work sessions can be frustrating with cross-chops, onshores, and currents of all kinds but the good thing is that even hard onshore, it still is hollow and dredges on inside on everything below medium tide. The chop can also create wedges as long as it has some NW component to it as opposed to straight west. I'd be lying if I didn't experience some scream-at-the-sky days :roflmao: but at least I almost always have it to myself without a soul in line of sight. The masochism runs strong.

I did see a surf school set up one day there and it made me wish I had a PA so I could have played the Benny Hill theme at full volume during their paddle out. Instructor and students got absolutely ruined. When they eventually made it out the back, their life got a whole lot worse. :roflmao:

A lot of days, sh!t, I'd rather go hiking up in the mountains, especially places that aren't too crowded. That's been a new frontier for me lately and my masochistic streak complements it well - allows me to really push my limits and I feel I haven't even come close to scratching the surface of what I can do. Got some good ones planned out for next year - can't wait. :jam_on:

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
ahahahahahahaha! i've dealt with this girl personally after she paddled right past me. and lo and behold here she shows up again! i laughed at the sequence of her getting he leash pulled, imagine she deserved it glad i didn't have the balls to do it otherwise she'd be sending the dogs to internet stalk me! to all the guys bashing the brazzo for groveling scraps if you live anywhere south of point conception im sure you ve done the exact same. looks like this guy had enough of her and surfing probably needs more people with an outlook on the lineup like him.

LiamUnknown

Nep status
Jun 16, 2004
Racer1 said:
Just surf when it's windy or onshore and avoid all these shredders.
I'm hesitant to even agree with this for fear that it blows up my trick. I happily surf virtually alone every weekend by refusing to paddle before noon no matter what. It's just not worth it.

In the morning, if it's good, you have to watch kooks on funboards blow perfect wave after perfect wave while battling everyone else for scraps. If it's shitty, you have to watch kooks blow the one decent wave that comes through every hour while still battling for scraps.

The common theme is a complete lack of etiquette or knowledge of the underlying rules of surfing. Don't needlessly hassle, don't sit on the main peak if you aren't halfway decent, paddle out alone, etc.

These packs of blissfully unaware sheep paddle out with a minimum of 4 people, mostly on longboards, straight onto the shitty peak you were surfing alone, where they surround you sitting within feet of you and begin paddling like its maxed out jaws for any knee high wave that comes through.

Suddenly you see 4-6 more guys running down the beach, they paddle out at the same spot, and what do you know, everyone knows each other... except you... who has been surfing the same shitty peak for years, alone.