this drone schit has gotten out of hand

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
every home owner in the area should be able to kick the drone pilot in the balls

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
FAA has been struggling on how to cope with the drone phenomena. Incidents with interfering with airports, privacy issues, etc. and now this. From what i can tell they are taking a soft approach - if flying for hobby/recreational purposes you don't need prior FAA approval - if flying for business or commericial purposes you do. My guess is they will continue with the soft approach until there is an incident involving a collision or near collision with a manned aircraft.

This is from the FAA site:

Model Aircraft Operations

Model aircraft operations are for hobby or recreational purposes only.
The FAA has partnered with several industry associations to promote Know Before You Fly, a campaign to educate the public about using unmanned aircraft safely and responsibly. Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:
Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
Don't fly near people or stadiums
Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft

etmo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2006
If it was legal to fire a gun within city limits, there would be a pile of dead drones around my house 8 feet deep

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Get a wristrocket (legal in most cities) and practice, practice, practice.

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
20W-50 and blood said:
etmo said:
If it was legal to fire a gun within city limits, there would be a pile of dead drones around my house 8 feet deep
slingshot and a ball bearing or nut will do ya
Couple lead balls with some line in between em would be more effective in drone takedowns, snag a prop and you're done.