Things to bring to Indo (boat trip)

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Dude!! epic shots :jamon:

Tell me you got rifles good? I think about that wave every day.
Rifles about head and a half on the last day, with me and another guy out only. Photog shooting from the line-up. Never made it out of any. Have some good shots of me locked in deeeep and just standing there waiting for it to swallow me up. I'll post them soon (I have about 1,000 good photos - photog worked really hard this trip)

Had to cut my session short about an hour bc my pinky toe got caught in a hole in the reef after I pulled into a tube. Came up and had not a lot of skin left on it. Went back to the boat and watched for an hour, I had the worst FOMO haha.

Indo boat guy saw my foot gushing blood and was freaking out :ROFLMAO:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Rifles about head and a half on the last day, with me and another guy out only. Photog shooting from the line-up. Never made it out of any. Have some good shots of me locked in deeeep and just standing there waiting for it to swallow me up. I'll post them soon (I have about 1,000 good photos - photog worked really hard this trip)

Had to cut my session short about an hour bc my pinky toe got caught in a hole in the reef after I pulled into a tube. Came up and had not a lot of skin left on it. Went back to the boat and watched for an hour, I had the worst FOMO haha.

Indo boat guy saw my foot gushing blood and was freaking out :ROFLMAO:
Nice! you got so many great shots! Our skipper/photographer was too busy getting pitted haha , dont think he swam once.
Next trip....

Rifles has to be the most epic wave I have surfed, snapped this before jumping off the tender. Cant remember if I posted it haha

IMG_0291.JPG

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Your 2x4 right Yewstreet? Did you ride as quad?:shaka: I dream of Stretch quiver and my Alpha Omega in Indo juice: Buzzsaw, F4, 2x4 step up, and Alpha Omega or Superbuzz:shrug:
Yeah 2x4 with the FU fins! Worked as like as a dream as a quad and tried it out as a thruster using the NVS Apex fins as well. Both setups worked well, I liked the quad on backside so I could get a little burst of extra speed

Reactions: rowjimmytour

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I wish I brought 3 boards, maybe a hefty 6'3 or 6'4 for when it was pushing DOH. There wasnt much difference volume wise from the 5'11 and the 6'2 I brought, I think only one litre
Wish I would have brought a 6'4 roundtail myself. my 6'1 was not enough at rifles and my 6'7 was too big , felt like trying to park an RV in a tight space :roflmao:

So weird how you dont need that much more board in Indo until you do. Right about 8' things start moving really fucking fast !
disclaimer I am an old man and not a slateresque ripper like most of the erbb

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Wish I would have brought a 6'4 roundtail myself. my 6'1 was not enough at rifles and my 6'7 was too big , felt like trying to park an RV in a tight space :roflmao:

So weird how you dont need that much more board in Indo until you do. Right about 8' things start moving really fucking fast !

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019

haha yeah forsure! My 6'2 Lost Driver 2.0 felt like quite the toothpick out there on the bigger days. It was also glassed really light, it looks like a golf ball now. I started surfing later in life (would surf in the summers from 13-19, then started going consistently from 19 onwards) so it feels like I'm always trying to catch up to my friends

Last edited:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
haha yeah forsure! My 6'2 Lost Driver 2.0 felt like quite the toothpick out there on the bigger days.
glad it wasnt only me. Didnt help me that we had two rippers on 5'10s in the HUGE stuff. One of them would take the most horrendous wipeout you have ever seen , come up laughing and then go get his "Step up" 6'0

Watched him fully commit on a DOH bomb at rifles and get annihilated. Legit concerned for a moment and then he comes up hooting and hollering completely unscathed . Meanwhile I am getting sashimi treatment from the reef daily :roflmao:

looked like you were making it work though!