They believe dinosaurs were on Noah's ark

Jehovah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 19, 2006
It's unfortunate that God is readily available to help with parking spaces but was non-existent when a 4 year old kid in my neighborhood was recently taken out by Leukemia in less than 12 months. I guess the child's Catholic parents didn't have enough faith? One of God's mysteries I guess.
It depends on my blood sugar at the time.

1678730423543.png

• Haha
Reactions: Subway and Mr Doof

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
It's unfortunate that God is readily available to help with parking spaces but was non-existent when a 4 year old kid in my neighborhood was recently taken out by Leukemia in less than 12 months. I guess the child's Catholic parents didn't have enough faith? One of God's mysteries I guess.
In the great All Saints Day, Lisbon earthquake of 1755, 30,000 to 50,000 people were killed, many of them in churches. If they stayed home from church that day, they might have avoided being crushed by falling concrete. There were also tsunamis and fires.

"Pereira estimated the total death toll in Portugal, Spain and Morocco from the earthquake and the resulting fires and tsunami at 40,000 to 50,000 people.[17] Eighty-five percent of Lisbon's buildings were destroyed, including famous palaces and libraries, as well as most examples of Portugal's distinctive 16th-century Manueline architecture. Several buildings that had suffered little earthquake damage were destroyed by the subsequent fire."
1755 Lisbon earthquake - Wikipedia

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Noah was kinda the first zookeeper I guess...

Lucky he had help from all his family to tend to the creatures.

Kinda cool the world's first and biggest zoo was a floating one.

Actual replica of the ark, built in the Netherlands:

View attachment 150195
Nuh (pbuh) was obviously a good naval architect, boatbuilder, and husbandman.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Religion

A bunch of bored dudes (Moses, John, Luke, Matthew, etc.) started writing stories. They shared them with friends and sh!t started to catch on. People wanted more.

After a while, an enterprising motherfvcker named Gozan read one of the stories and said, "Wow these are good stories. We could turn these into money!" But he knew this idea was too big to pull off by himself. So he hopped on his camel and rode over to his friend's adobe. His best friend Thaddeus was an experienced craftsman, known for building the finest adobes in all the sand.

After Gozan showed him the stories, Thaddeus came up with an idea. "What if we build a place where people can get together? Then we can have someone read the stories to everyone at the same time."

"Oh what a fantastic idea! Thaddeus you are a genius my friend!" Gozan pumped his fists into the air excitedly. "Then we can pass out wine and crackers to everyone and get them tipsy."

"Why would we do that?" asked Thaddeus.

Gozan replied. "You're not thinking monetarily my friend. Once everyone is feeling tipsy, we'll pass a basket around and ask them for money. They will pay us for our storytelling services without even thinking twice!"

And religion was born.

Reactions: Aquaman2 and Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Religion

A bunch of bored dudes (Moses, John, Luke, Matthew, etc.) started writing stories. They shared them with friends and sh!t started to catch on. People wanted more.

After a while, an enterprising motherfvcker named Gozan read one of the stories and said, "Wow these are good stories. We could turn these into money!" But he knew this idea was too big to pull off by himself. So he hopped on his camel and rode over to his best friend's adobe. His best friend Thaddeus was a well paid craftsman, known for building the finest adobes in all the sand.

After Gozan showed him the stories, Thaddeus came up with an idea. "What if we build a place where people can get together? Then we can have someone read the stories to everyone at the same time."

"Oh what a fantastic idea! Thaddeus you are a genius my friend!" Gozan pumped his fists into the air excitedly. "Then we can pass out wine and crackers to everyone and get them tipsy."

Gozan replied. "You're not thinking monetarily my friend. Once everyone is feeling tipsy, we'll pass a basket around and ask them for money. They will pay us for our storytelling services without even thinking twice!"

And religion was born.
Funny - strip clubs are really close to that. They take the money to hear the stories instead of tell them, that's all.

Reactions: Aquaman2

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
When you die life will lose all trace of you. All your memories die as well. Its as if you never lived to the living. Unless you can create content. Whats the point of carrying on should tragedy strike?
That's why when I find myself alone on my death bed, in the distant future, I will have my favorite spiritual reggae tunes playing continuously, and my Bhagavad Gita in my lap. I'm going to try to astro-project before dying, and become an inorganic being to at least try to retain my consciousness. We don't know what human consciousness is capable of, and you don't get anything in life without trying. See yall on the other side.

Last edited:

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
This guy is some kind of liar. He seems to know enough science to know he is telling lies. The reason is he believes these are good lies (the way Trumper leaders do). This is a lie that will bring people to God, and they will behave better, and the lies will make a better world. The ends justify the means.

He says there were no fish on the ark. The big question is, if there were dinosaurs on Noah's ark, why does the word "dinosaur" not appear in the Bible? The story goes that God sent the young, small dinosaurs onto the ark, along with pairs of all the other animals. They pretend to believe the world was created 6,000 years ago, and their idiot followers really believe it. Why not? There is a $100 million "Ark Encounter" in Kentucky. They are deadly serious about this. The flood was 4,000 years ago. After the dinosaurs came off the ark, along with the modern animals, dinos went extinct soon after. They believe scientists don't know how to date fossils and rocks, or how to count tree rings or ice layers.

See the video where Bill Nye debates Ken Ham about the Ark Encounter delusion. Bill tells Ken he "betrays his intellect."

Do you know anything about the decay rate?

You have to estimate the decay rate.

And a lot of scientists, Christians, and Christian scientists (pun intended) lie.

Also, is not the entire scientific theory built around observation? How then, are you able to observe the rate of decay of anything over thousands or millions of years?

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
Do you know anything about the decay rate?

You have to estimate the decay rate.

And a lot of scientists, Christians, and Christian scientists (pun intended) lie.

Also, is not the entire scientific theory built around observation? How then, are you able to observe the rate of decay of anything over thousands or millions of years?
No, I don't know about the decay rate. Tell us more about it. How do a "lot" of scientists lie about it? I would like to hear your argument that most scientists, the peer-reviewed community of scientists, who date fossils and rocks are lying. The consensus is wrong? You believe the world was created 6,000 years ago?

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
When I Googled "When did Christians start believing dinosaurs were on Noah's ark" this is what I found. Can anyone find something shorter?
Dinosaurs Didn't Exist!...But They Were on the Ark - Bing video

In the beginning.... Christian literalists didn't know about dinosaurs. Then they learned dinos probably existed, so dinos MUST have lived between 6,000 and 4,000 years ago. But wait....they were also on the ark. Yeah, that's the ticket, they were on Noah's ark! Listen to this fundamentalist try to make it up as he goes.

If people will believe this, then they will also believe Trump's big lie, because they already want to believe it.

Last edited:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
No, I don't know about the decay rate. Tell us more about it. How do a "lot" of scientists lie about it? I would like to hear your argument that most scientists, the peer-reviewed community of scientists, who date fossils and rocks are lying. The consensus is wrong? You believe the world was created 6,000 years ago?
Often they say "You can't measure radioactive decay rates because the half-life is too long, therefore radioisotope dating is no good." Anybody who has taken a couple of college-level physics classes should be able to read and understand how this works, and they've been doing it for decades. For example:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Religion

After a while, an enterprising motherfvcker named Gozan read one of the stories and said, "Wow these are good stories. We could turn these into money!" But he knew this idea was too big to pull off by himself. So he hopped on his camel and rode over to his friend's adobe. His best friend Thaddeus was an experienced craftsman, known for building the finest adobes in all the sand.

And religion was born.
So, much like the cryptocult.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
When you die life will lose all trace of you. All your memories die as well. Its as if you never lived to the living. Unless you can create content. Whats the point of carrying on should tragedy strike?
I'm as puzzled by the people who are certain there's nothing after death as I am of those who seem certain of a kingdom with golden castles and angels or whatever.

Some people's lives echo through history. Dead, their ideas, good and bad, live on.

A friend of mine said we KNOW with existential certainty there is life after death- after we die, others go on living. We see undeniable proof of that everyday. THAT is the afterlife we can dedicate ourselves to- a legacy of good works and contributions to our family and community.

As far as our individuality?

Who knows?

"The undiscovere'd country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns..."

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
In the beginning.... Christian literalists didn't know about dinosaurs. Then they learned dinos probably existed, so dinos MUST have lived between 6,000 and 4,000 years ago. But wait....they were also on the ark. Yeah, that's the ticket, they were on Noah's ark! Listen to this fundamentalist try to make it up as he goes.
I suppose that Noah just needed to have some very basic form of "life" on board the ark, beside the bird that brought back the olive leaf/branch.

Then when he gets off the ark, lets the "life" out of the jar, and then evolution happens and we get all this diversity throughout the ecosystem.

Anyway, isn't the main point of the story is that:

Follow the rules and god will do his part to save you.

Reactions: Aquaman2

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I suppose that Noah just needed to have some very basic form of "life" on board the ark, beside the bird that brought back the olive leaf/branch.

Then when he gets off the ark, lets the "life" out of the jar, and then evolution happens and we get all this diversity throughout the ecosystem.

Anyway, isn't the main point of the story is that:

Follow the rules and god will do his part to save you.
This whole thread is an example of halfwit "I FVCKING LOVE SCIENCE!" surfers trying to sound smart (I'm not directing this at you). As @Sharky already pointed out, the term "dinosaur" didn't appear until 1842. Prior to that every culture wrote about dragons of which there 3 types - aquatic, terrestrial, and flying. The Bible, for example, talks about Behemoth and Leviathan. Post-1842, we've reclassified these as dinosaurs and pterodactyls or simply species of large pre-historic fish.

To your point about the diversity we see today, the Bible never says Noah brought every species on the ark, just every kind of animal. Presumably, genetics would still function in a post-deluvian world to enable the different phenotypes or species we have today - just look at dog breeds, bears or Komodo dragons (there's that word again) and other large reptiles. The same "I FVCKING LOVE SCIENCE!" retard that started this thread doesn't seem to read carefully or understand genetics.