They believe dinosaurs were on Noah's ark

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
Perhaps the dinosaurs were just too big to fit and thus their extinction........ :shrug:;)
No that is not the story. They believe God sent 2 of every animal, including dinosaurs, up the ramp to the ark, but these were very young, small individuals. If God could do that, why destroy the whole world with a flood? Why not just wipe out all the evil people with a virus? The story doesn't sound plausible at all. Then after the flood receded, the dinosaurs grew to adults and had lots of babies, but alas they all went extinct during the last 4000 years.

Reactions: kidfury

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
No that is not the story. They believe God sent 2 of every animal, including dinosaurs, up the ramp to the ark, but these were very young, small individuals. If God could do that, why destroy the whole world with a flood? Why not just wipe out all the evil people with a virus? The story doesn't sound plausible at all. Then after the flood receded, the dinosaurs grew to adults and had lots of babies, but alas they all went extinct during the last 4000 years.

The text is pretty clear:

So We sent revelation to him (Noah), saying, “Make the Ark under Our eyes and according to Our revelation. And when Our command comes, and the fountains of the earth gush forth, take thou into it two of every kind, male and female, and thy family, except those of them against whom the word has already gone forth. And address Me not concerning those who have done wrong; they shall be drowned. (Al Quran 23:28)

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
lol. Tip of the iceberg, the word “dinosaur” wasn’t around until something like the mid 19th century? Which may be why the term wasn’t included in the Dead Sea scrolls?

Just a thought. Not to mention that whole messy Latin/Greek derivation thing?

Oh and last I heard, scientists actually can’t carbon date rocks? Details right?

Maybe the winged serpent in the Garden of Eden was a dinosaur? And, wait for it…

it talked!!!

“Eve, baby, dump that Adam dude. I’ve got apples…”

I’ll be back in an hour. I’ll be expecting some most excellent comedy. Make me proud!

Last edited:

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
My religious convictions are mine and mine alone and I have never ever imposed my beliefs on anyone so I expect the same courtesy in return.

Take your religious vitriol to the politics forum.

And just for the record I like me a good bong toke every night. :shameonyou:
After thinking it over, you are right, I should have posted this in politics, which is more adult. Surfer general has young surfer minds that could be corrupted with religious vitriol and critical thinking. Sorry about that. I was raised by 2 devout Catholics. I went to mass every Sunday from age 4 until about 17. I had 12 years of Catholic education. The first thing I was taught in high school ethics was that the Bible is not a science book. It is a spiritual book of human values, aspirations, stories, hopes, etc. What do you think? After I graduated from high school I read Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana, and Carlos Castaneda. I think there could be a spiritual side that is hard to prove. I'm agnostic.

I experienced only one case I suspect as instant karma in my life, but it could all be a coincidence. I caused an auto accident thru my negligence, pulling away from the curb. The car I damaged her front-right wheel area, was very similar to my wife's car, same color, hatchback, different make. About 2 weeks later my wife got crashed into (nothing serious) and the damage was similar to the damage I caused. Also, the driver I damaged had a Thai-sounding name. The driver of the car that crashed into my wife also had a Thai-sounding name.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
After thinking it over, you are right, I should have posted this in politics, which is more adult.
:roflmao:

I would recommend you read this book:

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
lol. Tip of the iceberg, the word “dinosaur” wasn’t around until something like the mid 19th century? Which may be why the term wasn’t included in the Dead Sea scrolls?

Just a thought. Not to mention that whole messy Latin/Greek derivation thing?

Oh and last I heard, scientists actually can’t carbon date rocks? Details right?

Maybe the winged serpent in the Garden of Eden was a dinosaur? And, wait for it…

it talked!!!

“Eve, baby, dump that Adam dude. I’ve got apples…”

I’ll be back in an hour. I’ll be expecting some most excellent comedy. Make me proud!
Yes it is a dumb question to ask why "dinosaur" does not appear in the Bible. Note he asks several dumb questions like that. Then they say that's why the Bible is literally true. He states there were no fish or dolphins on the ark. Good idea Sherlock!

Scientists can't carbon date, or use tree rings, or ice layers because they are confused about nature?

Ancient people dug up dinosaur bones and figured they were dragons, or leviathans, in the past and maybe present also, just in a distant land. Yes, the serpent could talk, but it was really divine telepathy. Then God became so pissed off that he cursed all mankind. No more heaven for anyone. Then He decided to destroy the world by a flood.......2,000 years later. But don't worry, He so loved the world that He already planned to do Mary.......2,000 years later. He sent his ONLY son to die for our sins, and open the gates of heaven. He planned, premeditated, 4,000 years in advance, to have His only son sacrificed to Himself, tortured to death, crucified, to please Himself! Think about that. He makes the rules of the game. God likes sacrifices to Him. How sick can God be? This is because man created God in his own image.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yes it is a dumb question to ask why "dinosaur" does not appear in the Bible. They have several dumb questions like that. Then they say that therefore the Bible is literally true. He states there were no fish or dolphins on the ark. Good thinking Sherlock!

Scientists can't carbon date, or use tree rings, or ice layers because they are confused about nature?

Ancient people dug up dinosaur bones and figured there were dragons, or leviathans, in the past and maybe present also. Yes, the serpent could talk, but it was really divine telepathy. Then God became so pissed off that he cursed all mankind. No more heaven for anyone. Then He decided to destroy the world by a flood.......2,000 years later. But don't worry, He so loved the world that He already planned to do Mary 2,000 years later, and send his only son to die for our sins, and open the gates of heaven. He planned to have His only son sacrificed to Himself, tortured to death to please Himself. This is because man created God in his own image.
Can you just get to the point?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Seems like a lot of work just to be antagonistic.

Tell us how the story of Noah's ark hurt you.
Those who can be made to believe absurdities can be made to commit atrocities" Taxpayer funding in a country that supposedly seperates church and state.

Reactions: Aquaman2

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
After thinking it over, you are right, I should have posted this in politics, which is more adult. Surfer general has young surfer minds that could be corrupted with religious vitriol and critical thinking. Sorry about that. I was raised by 2 devout Catholics. I went to mass every Sunday from age 4 until about 17. I had 12 years of Catholic education. The first thing I was taught in high school ethics was that the Bible is not a science book. It is a spiritual book of human values, aspirations, stories, hopes, etc. What do you think? After I graduated from high school I read Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana, and Carlos Castaneda. I think there could be a spiritual side that is hard to prove. I'm agnostic.

I experienced only one case I suspect as instant karma in my life, but it could all be a coincidence. I caused an auto accident thru my negligence, pulling away from the curb. The car I damaged her front-right wheel area, was very similar to my wife's car, same color, hatchback, different make. About 2 weeks later my wife got crashed into (nothing serious) and the damage was similar to the damage I caused. Also, the driver I damaged had a Thai-sounding name. The driver of the car that crashed into my wife also had a Thai-sounding name.
Yeah, the politics forum is infinitely more adult.

The deal with the cars: can’t be coincidental. No way. Sneaky little people.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
When you die life will lose all trace of you. All your memories die as well. Its as if you never lived to the living. Unless you can create content. Whats the point of carrying on should tragedy strike?