Therapist for over 30 years: Nearly 90% of My Patients Are Liberals...

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Your personality traits can be both superpowers and your kryptonite.

My Donald Trump friend I've known for 50 years do talk therapy using alcohol since we knew each other.

The goal of any therapeutic approach is to trigger the social engagement system in the nervous system, which promotes rest and repair and human connection.

These days I just have to steer him away from politics to mitigate the negative effects of his smart phone.

Is it ironic that TMZ is calling out people for being crazy?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
When New York University psychologist Jonathan Haidt asked about a thousand attendees at the annual meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology in 2011 to identify their political views with a show of hands, only three hands went up for “conservative or on the right.” Separately, a survey of more than 500 social and personality psychologists published in 2012 found that only 6 percent identified as conservative overall, though there was more diversity on economic and foreign policy issues.1 The survey also found that 37.5 percent of respondents expressed a willingness to discriminate against conservative colleagues when making hiring decisions. Psychologists, it appears, tend to fall on the liberal end of the political spectrum.

The op is such a dunce it's remarkable.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
When New York University psychologist Jonathan Haidt asked about a thousand attendees at the annual meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology in 2011 to identify their political views with a show of hands, only three hands went up for “conservative or on the right.” Separately, a survey of more than 500 social and personality psychologists published in 2012 found that only 6 percent identified as conservative overall, though there was more diversity on economic and foreign policy issues.1 The survey also found that 37.5 percent of respondents expressed a willingness to discriminate against conservative colleagues when making hiring decisions. Psychologists, it appears, tend to fall on the liberal end of the political spectrum.

The op is such a dunce it's remarkable.
Psychology LMAO

Pig Benis

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 16, 2002
Just FYI, this is psychopathic behavior.

View attachment 111490
Hmmmm...

Is the "behavior" you are speaking of the act of running an image search and picking an anonymous jpg for use as an avatar, or do you believe the above is really me?

Which one of these are you?

You're the green one?

That's nice.

Let's get you off the computer and think about getting your medication adjusted, OK? I'm sure you'll be fine. After you're feeling better we can talk about your surfing stance. Things are going to get better!

(y)

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Imagine trying to paint going to therapy as something positive
Some people don't need it.

Some people do and don't get it.

It's hard to be a human.

Especially when you get older and start accumulating trauma, i.e., the death of your parents and close friends, a divorce, the loss of physical function.

Like anything, it can be abused.

You want to acknowledge trauma while not pathologizing it.

Thanks you.

moby

Nep status
Nov 10, 2010
Does she believe there is a super dad in the sky that loves her the way her daddy never did?:cry:
Isn't it true that Democrats that believe in god make up about 40+% of total Democrats?

Sorry about your father.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Isn't it true that Democrats that believe in god make up about 40+% of total Democrats?

Sorry about your father.
But are they the ones getting therapy?

I have so many friends who have admitted that they never felt loved by their dad.

It stuck me as odd because I never felt unloved by my either of my parents.

I wonder what % of republicans believe Jesus is loving them unconditionally.

moby

Nep status
Nov 10, 2010
But are they the ones getting therapy?

I have so many friends who have admitted that they never felt loved by their dad.

It stuck me as odd because I never felt unloved by my either of my parents.

I wonder what % of republicans believe Jesus is loving them unconditionally.
30 some percent of Republicans don't believe in God.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
30 some percent of Republicans don't believe in God.
I wonder if they make up the 10% of GOP who seek therapy.

Magical thinking does have its benifits, i.e., improved self regulation.

I wonder what the break down is on anti-depressants and alcohol.

Different temperaments will respond better to different stimuli.

I Rx ice baths and deadlifts, opiates and f'ing.