Therapist for over 30 years: Nearly 90% of My Patients Are Liberals...

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Whoever wrote that should lose his license.

Sounds like it was written by a Xian. I don't understand Xian therapists, isn't that was confession is for?

I understand why there are Xian analrapists though.

Rightwingers deny it and it manifests in idiotic trolling, delusional hero worship and mass shootings,
Don't the conservatives take a divergent approach and shoot heroin, smoke meth, or just cut to the chase and blow their heads off?
Conservatives and the religious are also more likely to rape children. Must be a decent way to blow off steam.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
So many teenagers are getting therapy it's not even funny. And they are getting therapy for things that are universally normal parts of the teen experience. Depression. Angst. Feelings of unpopularity. Being a kook. Zits. When I was a high school teacher I used to see this and wondered how kids got so fragile that they have to go run off to a $100/hr LMFT to complain about such normal rites of passage.

A good friend of mine is a licensed therapist and a huge percentage of her clientele are university students. She reports the same thing - a crushing inability to cope with what would be thought of as normal unpleasantries of life. She's making a hell of a good living, BTW.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So many teenagers are getting therapy it's not even funny. And they are getting therapy for things that are universally normal parts of the teen experience. Depression. Angst. Feelings of unpopularity. Being a kook. Zits. When I was a high school teacher I used to see this and wondered how kids got so fragile that they have to go run off to a $100/hr LMFT to complain about such normal rites of passage.

A good friend of mine is a licensed therapist and a huge percentage of her clientele are university students. She reports the same thing - a crushing inability to cope with what would be thought of as normal unpleasantries of life. She's making a hell of a good living, BTW.
And we wonder why the youth are so fucked up and unable to "adult"

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Hmmmm...

Is the "behavior" you are speaking of the act of running an image search and picking an anonymous jpg for use as an avatar, or do you believe the above is really me?

Which one of these are you?

You're the green one?

That's nice.

Let's get you off the computer and think about getting your medication adjusted, OK? I'm sure you'll be fine. After you're feeling better we can talk about your surfing stance. Things are going to get better!

(y)
The photo you picked says that you are an actual psychopath.

Imagine, out of all the amazing, funny, beautiful images in the world you pick one of a person pointing gun at the camera, to use on a surfing discussion board? If there ever was a mental health test prior to purchasing a gun, you would have failed miserably.

And yes I'm the green one, it's a painting and has nice colors and surfboards, you know, the normal, non-psychopath stuff.

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Imagine trying to paint going to therapy as something positive
Imagine mocking people who have problems and want to be better.

A new low, even for you.

Are you back to "depression is not an illness just get a gym membership" and "autism is made up disorder".

Of all people here, you should have been in therapy.
But a narcissist never seeks help.
That's why we have so many of them.

Reactions: mundus

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Politics aside, therapy is critical for many people to be able to move past trauma and regain their lives.
I land on the conservative/moderate side of things politically and have benefitted greatly from seeing a therapist after going through a very traumatic experience. Therapy has been a big help for me and my family.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Politics aside, therapy is critical for many people to be able to move past trauma and regain their lives.
I land on the conservative/moderate side of things politically and have benefitted greatly from seeing a therapist after going through a very traumatic experience. Therapy has been a big help for me and my family.
I imagine how different my grandfather would have been after WWII if therapy was an accepted thing back then.

Pig Benis

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 16, 2002
The photo you picked says that you are an actual psychopath.
Imagine, out of all the amazing, funny, beautiful images in the world you pick one of a person pointing gun at the camera, to use on a surfing discussion board? If there ever was a mental health test prior to purchasing a gun, you would have failed miserably.
And yes I'm the green one, it's a painting and has nice colors and surfboards, you know, the normal, non-psychopath stuff.
Ouch. There we have it. Reading this place I have noticed you and a few others dish out the diagnosis of "psychopath" with great regularity. Clearly you have no idea what a psychopath even is. Perhaps you should learn the meaning of the word you toss at people with such ill-conceived certainty? Wouldn't that be helpful? For future reference actual psychopaths make up less than 1% of the population. As frequently as you are using the term as an accusation, that fact should say something to you.

Good luck with being green.

:waving:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
10%er.

Reactions: npsp

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Imagine mocking people who have problems and want to be better.

A new low, even for you.

Are you back to "depression is not an illness just get a gym membership" and "autism is made up disorder".

Of all people here, you should have been in therapy.
But a narcissist never seeks help.
That's why we have so many of them.
Joining a group of angry criminal scumbags (proud bois) is soo much healthier than therapy!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Ouch. There we have it. Reading this place I have noticed you and a few others dish out the diagnosis of "psychopath" with great regularity. Clearly you have no idea what a psychopath even is. Perhaps you should learn the meaning of the word you toss at people with such ill-conceived certainty? Wouldn't that be helpful? For future reference actual psychopaths make up less than 1% of the population. As frequently as you are using the term as an accusation, that fact should say something to you.

Where are you getting that 1% # from?

I read 8% somewhere.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Joining a group of angry criminal scumbags (proud bois) is soo much healthier than therapy!
To be fair, ifallalot wasn't really doing practice 1/6 marches on the Walmart but more looking for a fraternity of lonely, sexually frustrated, Ayn Rand circle jerking, cereal-loving young men where they cry into their White Claws and Bud Limes.

I would actually give him far less sh!t if he was actually true to the hardcore cause and at least stormed the Carlsbad City Hall and grabbed a few marble tiles on the way out.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
To be fair, ifallalot wasn't really doing practice 1/6 marches on the Walmart but more looking for a fraternity of lonely, sexually frustrated, Ayn Rand circle jerking, cereal-loving young men where they cry into their White Claws and Bud Limes.

I would actually give him far less sh!t if he was actually true to the hardcore cause and at least stormed the Carlsbad City Hall and grabbed a few marble tiles on the way out.
Well he at least is still prowling Orange Cty facebook pages from Zona.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

I didn't call anybody a psychopath other than you and maybe Trump.

Trump has malignant narcissistic personality disorder, you are just a run of the mill psycho who chose a photo of someone pointing a gun at the camera / person you're talking to.

So cool.

A therapist would have a blast with you, a lot to work with.