The Yoko Syndrome

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I know there are women who marry surfers and then expect them to give up surfing, and of course there are plenty of women who marry musicians and then expect them to "grow up" and quit playing, but my question is . . . .WHAT THE FOOKING FOOK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!

Thank you for listening.

1 Not letting friends of your spouse use the loo is some petty BS. Probably some sort of control issue or fear that their spouses friends will steal all the prescription drugs stored in the bathroom.

2 Husband should have said, "These are my friends, they can use the bathroom." But he wimped out and decided short (?) term happiness is more important than short (?) term anger.

3 Don't all bands play in garages:p? Rental house, sure, bring the kiddie pool into the front room, then wheel the bulky amps through the narrow doors/halls to the room with the most outlets and let 'er rip!

4 Were you wearing hobnail or used army boots? Those are hell on floors. Next time bring a pair of Crocs and then ask. Just teasing. No one with crocs on gets in my house.

5 Spouses of friends are.....well, you get to choose the friend/bandmate not the spouse. The rest is all glass half full/half empty.......or the cup is too big and you need a proper cup for the given situation.

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Knowing nothing else I'm guessing a couple of things possible:

1) They married women who are assholes that decided to grow up and become so-called "adults", the part about them not letting you in to use the bathroom is just absurdly inhospitable.
2) They perceive you as a threat - I'm guessing you're a fun-loving woman who plays music and surfs - and they are fat and undesirable and the very fact their husband hangs out around you irritates them.
Bingo

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
listening to a tommy makem/clancy bros. record is worse than two years in long kesh...

check out ian mccullogh on “irish fiddle music”

&

liam gallagher on the yokoono...

is your walter steding phase der nicht ?

:violin:
The Gallagher brothers are UNESCO heritage sites

abalone

Michael Peterson status
Jan 16, 2002
In your specific situation, I'd say the girlfriend/wife can't stand that he's in a band, and she's taking it out on him any way she can, including the refusal of bathroom privileges to bandmates. I don't get the impression it's about you, I think it's more about her; she's controlling, bitter and petty.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
1. Rent and put a porta potty in the backyard where she can see it from inside the house.
2. Write an anthem about having to pee on the lawn etc and play it over and over and over.
3. Sneak in and drop a clandestine upper-decker in each toilet in the house. If not possible, go for the orange bucket treatment. Poo/pee in one bucket and then wedge another on top perfectly so when they remove the top one...

1670882597709.png

• Haha
Reactions: Witchipoo

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
I think I found Witchipoo in the wild. More red flags than a PLA parade.
I actually like this quite a bit. If you have a problem with it, you're probably an uptight square with bad taste.
:nana:

But for the record, my band is like Up With People compared to these guys. We're just nice instrumental folk music. Anyone who finds us, or me, threatening is a gigantic wussburger.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Song "of" the Siren? Like a mouthful of used toilet paper.

The opposite of Song to the Siren...

Those all sucked.
1. Wouldn't.
2. Looks like Sideshow Bob.
3-4. look/sound like Boomer evangelical pastors.

The one with the tackle box in her face that I posted did it best.

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The one with the tackle box in her face that I posted did it best.
I had never seen her before but I said "I bet she has an OnlyFans" when I saw her.

And sure enough, it's advertised on the band's website:

I wonder what it is about women like this where you only have to take one look to know she's an iGen version of a streetwalker?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I think I found Witchipoo in the wild. More red flags than a PLA parade.
Not sure if you're mocking them, but that was pretty good.

PLA? Public Library Association?

ps- just listened to some of their other stuff. They're talented. More daughter called it "Modern Sea Shanty" sound.
Fiddle player is talented.

Reactions: PRCD