The Yoko Syndrome

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
What excuse is given for not letting you use the bathroom? Are you the only band member banned form the bathroom?

How many of the band members have you slept with?
1) I had a cold two weeks ago and I'm still coughing. I had a mask, but she still refused to let me in to use the bathroom on the complete opposite side of the house.
2) No
3) That might have been funny, in a gross sexist not-actually-funny way, maybe thirty or forty years ago. But I'll give you a participation trophy.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Can you let us know where in West LA this is happening? It's for context/background, and in no way does the erBB want a "BIG STREAM OF GOLD: Shrubbery watering in progress" thread with pics.

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
You guys never disappoint. :rolleyes:

But was serious -why do so many men marry women who try to get them to stop doing anything fun? I should also mention that this woman added herself to our private band page (or made her boyfriend do it) which we basically just use to plan practices, etc. I don't know if she realizes that I can see her lurking. It seems like really unhealthy behavior.

Reactions: Aruka and keenfish

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
1) I had a cold two weeks ago and I'm still coughing. I had a mask, but she still refused to let me in to use the bathroom on the complete opposite side of the house.
2) No
3) That might have been funny, in a gross sexist not-actually-funny way, maybe thirty or forty years ago. But I'll give you a participation trophy.
1 - So because you were sick they wouldn’t let you in the house? I’m sorry but your friends are broken.
2 - see 1
3 - that was a serious question. Get over yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
But was serious -why do so many men marry women who try to get them to stop doing anything fun?
Because they think the intersection of quality of the person they're sticking their penis into and consistency of penile insertion is their surest bet? (if she was like this before marriage)

I should also mention that this woman added herself to our private band page (or made her boyfriend do it) which we basically just use to plan practices, etc. I don't know if she realizes that I can see her lurking. It seems like really unhealthy behavior.
Yes, ultimatums and arm twisting. Maybe she started out fun, then had marriage leverage, then twisted the arm?

How many women do you think are "fun" and how many do you think have zero hobbies/interests other than social status?

Part of me is with Duffy to some extent. Across the board entrance into house denial, female blockage in all cases?
Do you smell like an incense hippy? Do you smell like an ashtray? Do you have purloined cosmetics products from other suburban bathrooms visibly woven into your dreads? Are there more than six people in the band?

Are the wives the grounded homeowner types and the musician/creative boyfriend guitar players are 'dating up'?

Also you're strongly implying Facebook in 2022. I am guessing group text, Snapchat, or TikTok is how band practice is done in 2022. Facebook is more like planning shuffleboard practice, bridge night, Tae Bo to the Oldies, etc.

All I know is that if I had a house, there would be music all the time, and people hanging out.
Five minutes after you had a house with music all the time and people hanging out there'd be a white guy with dreads and a bongo drum. Five minutes after that, you'd be a bougie Westside bummerperson who no longer had a migraine.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I saw that picture when I was still a kid-child and knew immediately I had just seen something fugged up uncool weird people.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
But was serious -why do so many men marry women who try to get them to stop doing anything fun? I should also mention that this woman added herself to our private band page (or made her boyfriend do it) which we basically just use to plan practices, etc. I don't know if she realizes that I can see her lurking. It seems like really unhealthy behavior.
Why?

Because a lot of men are stupid and spineless and have been told to back off and take the passenger seat in a relationship.

They think this is "normal" and then they get married.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
The problem is, and I can't believe I'm saying this, the wives. They won't let us into their houses, not even to use the bathroom. Yesterday was the last straw, when I had to PEE IN THE YARD because the guitar player's girlfriend wouldn't let me in. We've had to play in the rain, in 100-degree heat, all kinds of bullshit, but that was really next level.
Why even ask? Just walk in, find the room, and do your thing.

Reactions: kelpcutter

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
You should keep a bag of poop in your sock and if they don’t let you in to pee next time, pee and leave the poop on the doorstep. You may be asking yourself why I suggest to keep it in your sock. Two reasons: 1) the adventure 2) while you are in your pee squat, you can conveniently unravel the poop from your sock.
This brings new meanings to having runs in your stockings.

Is skully one of the wives? He has had guest toilet troubles before.

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
"And tell your bandmates they can't use the bathroom". Kinda wierd. However I dated a girl once who was still pissed at her ex-husband for continuing to play in a band when she was positive that it was a waste of time and that he'd never "Make it". Maybe there's a little of that in there.
Irish band? I can play "Irish Rover" and "Whiskey In a Jar" on guitar - it's fun when you can get people to clap in the right places!