The WSL is a disgrace.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Whatevas. JJF is hands down the best surfer on the planet today from 3’ Trestles to Eddie worthy conditions. Anyone that cares to disagree can eat a bag of dicks.
Except he’s not the best surfer at 3’ Trestles. That would be Filipe.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
its a bit odd how wave-wise it is the fairest surf contest on tour: everyone rides the exact same quality waves.

but its too perfect, thus too hard to judge.
if it was a 2 turn wave: easy to judge.
10 turns and 2 tubes? thats hard. is a longer tube really more points here like in the ocean? turning is harder than squatting in a perfect tube...
if it was a 30 second tube wave(it used to be), and every surfer got a 30 second tube every time... how do u judge that?

and oddest of all, every completed wave at the ranch contest would be a 10 at any other break/event

Reactions: One-Off and pagey

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I asked Gregg about Surf Ranch he’s been twice and is going later this summer.

He said CT 2 is the long barrel. CT 3 is what we saw for the comp. There’s a Malibu setting for a softer wave.

The reason airs look more like chop hops is because the wave doesn’t bowl toward you like an ocean wave can. It’s just a straight lined wall.

And if you guys were listening to Pete Mel talk about the trap door in the barrel Gregg said you can ride the foam ball but if you get just a little behind it like you can in an ocean tube there’s nothing there and you just fall into a hole.

Reactions: Bullnutts

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I've been wondering how Rasta or Torren or Mikey or Craig would surf the Surf Ranch wave and what board they would ride? A buddy said Ian Gentil carved a really beautiful open face turn in an early heat that looked very different from the pocket snaps everybody else was doing.

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
I asked Gregg about Surf Ranch he’s been twice and is going later this summer.

He said CT 2 is the long barrel. CT 3 is what we saw for the comp. There’s a Malibu setting for a softer wave.

The reason airs look more like chop hops is because the wave doesn’t bowl toward you like an ocean wave can. It’s just a straight lined wall.

And if you guys were listening to Pete Mel talk about the trap door in the barrel Gregg said you can ride the foam ball but if you get just a little behind it like you can in an ocean tube there’s nothing there and you just fall into a hole.
True, the Ranch needs a Waco setting for airs

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Can you guys imagine the outcry if the USA flag was hoisted upside down during a surfing event?

That's what happened at the surf ranch, the brazilian flag was upside down. Coincidence? I think so, the head judge didn't put those flags up... I don't think so at least.

1685793374722.png

Would you guys think an upside down USA flag would not be a big deal? I highly doubt it. Disrespectful AF if you ask me.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
An upside down flag in the US means distress. If you come to any event in Hawaii you may see a couple upside down Hawaii state flags or the Kingdom of Hawaii flags. The distress meaning the overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii and its annexation.

IMG_1822.jpeg

Upside down Brazil flag is ironically perfect for the event at the Surf Ranch, All the outcry about the Brazilian surfers getting robbed seems distressful.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Can you guys imagine the outcry if the USA flag was hoisted upside down during a surfing event?

That's what happened at the surf ranch, the brazilian flag was upside down. Coincidence? I think so, the head judge didn't put those flags up... I don't think so at least.

View attachment 155487

Would you guys think an upside down USA flag would not be a big deal? I highly doubt it. Disrespectful AF if you ask me.
Trying to Troll a Troll Farm is most often not fertile.
:trout:

Besides Brazil being in the Southern Hemisphere is naturally upside down. When its representation is brought North, it must be represented as it is naturally flown. Every minimum wage flag raiser is taught this in grade school here.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

View attachment 155487

Brazilians are a lot more patriotic than Americans.

Reactions: ReForest and sh3

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

View attachment 155487

Never attribute malice to ignorance

Unless there's letters on the white banner across the globe that make it obvious, whatever Joe Fucktard that put the flags up simply didn't know

Reactions: sickdog