The Vaquero

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
You should try my 7'er. Not difficult to turn and I would say, duck diving is a much greater PITA than paddling.

You might want to experiment with the fin, placement, or size/type; it makes a huge difference in paddling and ride.

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Haha. Holy sh!t the duck diving. Forgot to mention that.

I got the board with a Rainbow A Flex 8 1/4. Put it in the middle of the box.

I'm not saying the board won't turn, just that the waves really only allowed me to set up in the pocket and trim for a short time.

I might take you up on riding your 7'0 just to see the difference.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

I'm not saying the board won't turn, just that the waves really only allowed me to set up in the pocket and trim for a short time.

anytime.
If you would make the rain or wind or fcking cold stop -any day now?

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
brutal winter. I was actually psyching on the south wind and small swell this morning because it gave me a chance to test the board at one of those north-facing spots down the 280.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Same here. That's why I went the "semi-hull" route with a 8' CJ Nelson Outlier. Well that and over this side of the pond we don't have them kicking around for sale. Paddles better in the flats but still get that hull slippery speed goodness. Straight into (or in this case onto) the shopping cart for a Saturday YOLO.
View attachment 149143
Good score. Always liked the look of the Outlier and am very keen to try one.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Good score. Always liked the look of the Outlier and am very keen to try one.
For your size the 7’6” would be money. As Bluegreen noted with the duck diving the Outlier is the same. Get forward and angle the nose in otherwise a normal attempt at pushing the nose down from a paddling position will result in a doggie style stance with zero submersion = flogging.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: freeride76

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

I don't know much about much, but my first thought was you might play with fin placement a bit.

Reactions: Aruka

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Got a taste of this boards potential yesterday after moving the fin up in the box and adjusting to its sensitivity. Went surprisingly well weak, longboard conditions. Whipped some sharp cuttys and trimmed through some really weak sections that I would only be able to make on a log.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Same here. That's why I went the "semi-hull" route with a 8' CJ Nelson Outlier. Well that and over this side of the pond we don't have them kicking around for sale. Paddles better in the flats but still get that hull slippery speed goodness. Straight into (or in this case onto) the shopping cart for a Saturday YOLO.
View attachment 149143
Can you tell us more about this board

• Haha
Reactions: Northern_Shores