The takeback of Hawaiian lands?

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
why you guys always trolling for a commotion here, nothing better to do?
Kapu Aloha, and don't be so niele about places you don't live in.
b pono and malama your own communities.
People not in the news need lots of help now.
Help

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Yea, we know, it means without breath/ soul. That lady was funny, she knew whites found it offensive , but she says it's ok, because it's descriptive. So is fat. Are you cool if I start calling Hawaiians " hey fatty, or closer to your earlier post, fücking fatties should go home? After all, just because they think is pejorative, it's really just descriptive.

If you've got more soul than me, then why are you repeating it?

Sounds like I've got more soul than you, because I'm trying to slow down racism, and you can't even consider, for one second, that maybe, it isn't ok to say anymore. How do you say no conscience in Hawaiian? Is it ok if I call you that from now on?

Last edited:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Come on, it can't be that big a thing. Just a word.

What's the colloquial term for a haloe who moves to Hawaii, then within a few years gets delusional ideas about Hawaiian separatism?

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Like everything else in the world, there's lots of nuance. I'm a haole and I go to Hawaii from time to time. No big deal. What's the difference between these statements: "That old haole guy who lives around the corner", "That old kanaka who lives around the corner", "That old portagee dude who lives around the corner, or "That old hapa who lives around the corner"?

Now, I am an old man and lay low in and out of the water so never any problems. If I was a hotheaded 20 year old who liked to get all the waves and some local paddled up to me and said "Hey haole, you like get all da waves, huh? Maybe you like get all the waves back on mainland, brah. Next plane leaves in 2 hours!" Well that might be a little different.

Reactions: all3

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Little weeds.

Your Haole friend. Is that like my n****r friend?

Little weeds.

I'm a white guy telling you it's offensive. Blacks can call eachother n****r, but a white guy can't. Sure there's lots of crackers that say, "I didn't mean nothing by that, we just Ca them n*****s around here."

Little weeds.

There's a little 4 year old listening to you say Haole. The one that really pissed me off was fücking Haole. What's that little kid learning.

30 years from now, he'll probably give "slaps " to some white guy, who has no idea why.

Little weeds.

Cops shot another guy last night. More riots going on right now. A Wendy's got burned to the ground. Franchise owner just lost his life's savings. Where did the cop and the arsonist learn to do things,like that?

Little weeds
Are you smoking weed and/or drinking with Steak?

Jun 9, 2020
Unfortunately yes. Colonialism sucks. If it weren’t the US, it would’ve been Japan, China, or some other world power. Which is NOT an excuse for what Hawaiians have experienced, so let me be very clear about that. The geographic aspects that make Hawaii so amazing are also it’s biggest enemy.
More than 50% of Hawaiian population is now Asian, mostly Filipino, so how is this now a white people problem?

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Hawaiians who still say Haole must be the most ignorant people in the country. Just backwards.

Gays and Lesbians used to be called fags and dykes. They said, " hey, not cool, please don't." So we stopped.

Italians used to be wops, and they said, hey, not cool, please don't, so we stopped.

Blacks used to be called, n****r, just because they were from Nigeria, and they said, hey, not cool, please don't, so we stopped.

Even NASCAR just banned the confederate flag, while the NFL says it's ok to kneel now.

Everybody is coming around, to realize that even subtle racism is wrong. There are millions of whites, along with all colors, marching in the streets, to protect our black brothers. Everybody but tRump is getting with the program.

Well, except Hawaiians and maybe backwoods West Virginia.

Just ignorant.

Reactions: noone999

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
The no breath / no soul thing is because caucasians didn't great each other by touching foreheads and inhaling together (how Hawaiians greeted each other), so Hawaiians said they didn't share breath not that they didn't have breath.

Haole isn't the big insult you think it is. I call my haole friend, "My haole friend" when describing them to other haole friends. My dad is haole and my Hawaiian family says, "your haole dad." It's really not a big deal.
F’n haole however....

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Blacks used to be called, n****r, just because they were from Nigeria, and they said, hey, not cool, please don't, so we stopped.

Just ignorant.
OMG. Don’t feed the trolls. But here goes.

Nigeria is named after the Niger River. The Niger River was named by a white dude in the 19th century because the river looked black. Couldn’t they have just used the indigenous name for the River. The country Nigeria wasn’t even called that during the slave trade.

The n-word is a racist direvitive of Negro or Negroid. It’s way older than Nigeria.

I didn’t go to school much cause I’m ignorant but I never missed my “Being a Rascist 101” class taught by Mr. Sun Cho Lee.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
OMG. Don’t feed the trolls. But here goes.

Nigeria is named after the Niger River. The Niger River was named by a white dude in the 19th century because the river looked black. Couldn’t they have just used the indigenous name for the River. The country Nigeria wasn’t even called that during the slave trade.

The n-word is a racist direvitive of Negro or Negroid. It’s way older than Nigeria.

I didn’t go to school much cause I’m ignorant but I never missed my “Being a Rascist 101” class taught by Mr. Sun Cho Lee.
Seriously, that's the best you got? Out of everything I said, you gotta pick fault with where the word n****r came from.

You ignored everything about how racist Haole is.

Just keep making excuses. "It's heritage not hate" Oops, too late for that one, they just took down the confederate flag.

The whole world is moving past, and you just got left behind.

I'm a troll because I say all racism is bad...

You are a special sort of idiot, aren't you.

• Angry
Reactions: Beerbelly

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
in the grand scheme of things surf culture is just stupid, self centered and unproductive

Last edited:
Reactions: Boneroni