The takeback of Hawaiian lands?

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
If I was Hawaiian I think I'd probably have to struggle a bit with my anger.

Hell, I have about 23 friends of Mexican/Costa Rican descent that moved to Hawaii and they're pissed as fvck, and they're Mexican/mainland transplants.

Undercover vatos talking pigeon.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I can confidently say that Hawaii is less racist than other parts of the World I've been too (SE Missouri being the most openly racist). Every race in Hawaii makes fun of each other and we all laugh about it. It doesn't feel racist when we are laughing together at each others expense. So maybe we need some weeds in the yard, just don't let them grow big and keep them in check.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii

Hell, I have about 23 friends of Mexican/Costa Rican descent that moved to Hawaii and they're pissed as fvck, and they're Mexican/mainland transplants.

I think I might know some of them.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I can confidently say that Hawaii is less racist than other parts of the World I've been too (SE Missouri being the most openly racist). Every race in Hawaii makes fun of each other and we all laugh about it. It doesn't feel racist when we are laughing together at each others expense. So maybe we need some weeds in the yard, just don't let them grow big and keep them in check.

Oct 13, 2019
CenCoast
love this thread. everyone's racist with their personal opinion. stop giving such a sheet to the wind and it'll mellow out. quiet things down.

noone999

OTF status
Sep 13, 2012
HI
Don't forget that the Hawaiians took the islands from the Marquesans. They were here first. So who should be "pissed?" It's funny how that tidbit is always forgotten.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Wow. A pedant with bunched up panties just millenialed you into boring the shlt out me.

What do you call a native Hawaiian? Same thing you call a native Californian. A liar who's ancestors came from somewhere else!

(Humans came from Africa and spread out. End of story. Stop the nonsense.)

Jun 9, 2020
I think if the Hawaiians can produce some grant deeds then they could prove that they actually owned the land. Problem solved.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Don't forget that the Hawaiians took the islands from the Marquesans. They were here first. So who should be "pissed?" It's funny how that tidbit is always forgotten.
No biggie. The original Britons (circa 4400 years ago) were a short, stocky, dark-haired breed who were displaced by tall, muscular blonds originating from the Steppe of central Asia.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I can sympathize with Hawaiian locals anger at the tourists crowding and buying up their Islands, but is not tourism a large part of the economy/employment. If tourism is limited won't it just hurt the very people who want to shutdown or limit the industry?

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005

Closer to Hawaiian than Jew from east coast

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
I can sympathize with Hawaiian locals anger at the tourists crowding and buying up their Islands, but is not tourism a large part of the economy/employment. If tourism is limited won't it just hurt the very people who want to shutdown or limit the industry?
Thing is this is happening all over the place. As the wealth disparity widens folks who grew up in great places will be priced out by rich kooks who didn’t. Been dealing with this in Santa Cruz county for the last 20 years.

Reactions: PPK96754 and mundus

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
...lack of appreciation for free market capitalism, I guess.
Free? Bullshit. Nothing free about a payout system that skips the working class. Can’t wait to start up the guillotines. Dont kid yourself, this sh!t is coming quick.

Reactions: Kento

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Thing is this is happening all over the place. As the wealth disparity widens folks who grew up in great places will be priced out by rich kooks who didn’t. Been dealing with this in Santa Cruz county for the last 20 years.
Either you aren't a student of economics, or you hate grandma.

Grandma and Gramps bought a house in the country. Gramps died, leaving Grandma alone. They neverf had a lot, but they survived.

So now Grandma needs to move into a nursing home. Well that runs $100,000 a year for full care and meals. So Grandma sells her house for a million bucks. And she enjoys the last of her golden years.

Or in your dreamland, Grandma sells her house for what she paid for it, is destitute, and dies in the streets, so some drunk slacker who never tried too hard at anything, gets to live at a prime location, where he spends his days smoking weed, and staring at 16 year olds ijn the boardwalk.

Now do you want to talk about who really fücked over the islands?

The way it is really supposed to work is the lazy fücks go find some place where nobody lives yet, get off their fat asses, and build something that the next generation is going to want, and sells it to them on their own retirement.

Last edited:

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
Either you aren't a student of economics, or you hate grandma.

Grandma and Gramps bought a house in the country. Gramps died, leaving Grandma alone. They neverf had a lot, but they survived.

So now Grandma needs to move into a nursing home. Well that runs $100,000 a year for full care and meals. So Grandma sells her house for a million bucks. And she enjoys the last of her golden years.

Or in your dreamland, Grandma sells her house for what she paid for it, is destitute, and dies in the streets, so some drunk slacker who never tried too hard at anything, gets to live at a prime location, where he spends his days smoking weed, and staring at 16 year olds ijn the boardwalk.

Now do you want to talk about who really fücked over the islands?

The way it is really supposed to work is the lazy fücks go find some place where nobody lives yet, get off their fat asses, and build something that the next generation is going to want, and sells it to them on their own retirement.
Umm no . As usual you kinda of missed the point.
Grandkids inherit house. Sell on open market for $ 709,990. Local couple scrape up life savings and borrow an amount barely tenable based on local wages. Thendone guvktard from North Dakota who spends 20 hours of his life coding, is still a virgin and spends zero if his wages with local businesses swoops in and offers $200,000.00 above asking price.
He saw an Instagram post by a similar loser about how cool surfing was and decided he’s tired of being a virgin without friends.
Santa Cruz in a nutshell.