The state of surfing in 2021

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Almost the last sight for a lot of these kooks.

So here's a question: Exactly how many of you ERBBers have needed to be rescued?????? There were no Jet Skis/Harbor Patrol when I was growing up. Maybe that was a good thing.

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
A coupla guys had to be rescued yesterday by the CG as the tide was draining Humboldt Bay with them in it. Couldn't out-paddle that current on a spring tide.

Reactions: Leaverite

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
So here's a question: Exactly how many of you ERBBers have needed to be rescued?????? There were no Jet Skis/Harbor Patrol when I was growing up. Maybe that was a good thing.
Had to get helicopter lifted in Oregon three years back, basket drop, the whole deal. Was looking for a guy that got swept into one of those little coves at Indian Beach by the rip and of course got swept in too like an asshole. Usually the rip just sucks you out to the lineup, but for whatever reason on this day it was flushing into this thing like a toilet bowl.

Coasties had some fun with us and joked about how we were gonna have to bust out the credit card on the flight back to base. Surf wasn't particularly huge or anything and both he and I had surf there for multiple years. Sometimes sh!t just happens.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Can You Do It???
You take care of yourself in Big Surf????? Being Good. Not Hurting others,,,, 100% 0n your own. Paddle out and paddle in.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
There is 10x as many surfers who possess less than half the knowledge as those who came before them. 1/10 the respect for the ocean and it's moods, not to mention each other. It's only gonna get worse.
This is nothing particularly new, although it is in a new-found full effect, the majority of surfers, beginners, intermediate, somewhat capable and higher level surfers all seem to think they are better than they are, and that sometimes impedes further learning.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Almost the last sight for a lot of these kooks.

When a rescue boat has no seats left in it..... Kooks.