The Skaters of the ERBB

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
spent an hour re-learning kickflips on friday... my leg is still sore this morning. Damn getting old is wack

but I got my kickflips back

contrary to a lot of older heads I went down in size on my board because I was having trouble when I wasn't skating the park or bowls

going back to a 7.875 rather than an 8.5 has been so fun, took a week to get used to and now getting all kinds of tricks again

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
spent an hour re-learning kickflips on friday... my leg is still sore this morning. Damn getting old is wack

but I got my kickflips back

contrary to a lot of older heads I went down in size on my board because I was having trouble when I wasn't skating the park or bowls

going back to a 7.875 rather than an 8.5 has been so fun, took a week to get used to and now getting all kinds of tricks again
I skate pretty big boards in the park. 8.5 or larger.
Just set up one of my sons 8" decks he didnt want for street and ho lee fuck do I feel like I have more pop! Old man hack? hahaha

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
He fucked it up hahaha. All good I told him fail fast and learn for next build.
He ran out of concrete, made a gnarly trannie, didn't set the coping proper and didn't smooth it our.

Perfect street obstacle!
If it was me I would stack parking blocks, gravel, sand, and rebar first. Then try and pour cement " slow dry custom mix use/rent mixer". Pretty good videos can be found diy but truth be told I would just set up 8'-12' section of parking block with "hex" top with rebar hammered down to keep stable :shaka:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Coping is gnarly You are gonna want to pop out of everything1
he showed me the thing On FaceTime and it looks pretty money report back ince I skate it. Stoked He made it happen.

all our contractor friends (who have never built any skate obstacles ) have him a million reasons to overthink it and not do it.
all of us who have built skate stuff told him to jsut do it! And now we get to skate this!

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Coping is gnarly You are gonna want to pop out of everything1
he showed me the thing On FaceTime and it looks pretty money report back ince I skate it. Stoked He made it happen.

all our contractor friends (who have never built any skate obstacles ) have him a million reasons to overthink it and not do it.
all of us who have built skate stuff told him to jsut do it! And now we get to skate this!
A few years ago I was going to do some thing like it but talked my self out of it and wasted $$$ on wood and made quarter pipe I ended up not liking much:foreheadslap:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
A few years ago I was going to do some thing like it but talked my self out of it and wasted $$$ on wood and made quarter pipe I ended up not liking much:foreheadslap:
Concrete is not that hard. I helped with a few backyard bowls and DIYs. Couple of my friends helped build the Treasure island park. You learn on each build and get better! Even the older salty builders said to just do it and learn. the only way really.

the TI park is sick, even crazier now!

Reactions: rowjimmytour