The Random Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I'll have a Papa Burger, fries and a root beer float.
I can literally smell this photo right now.
Bottom of Hwy 154 (San Marcos Pass) and State St. (it's now a Mexican restaurant)
Too bad, I think an A&W right now would be making some serious bank.
View attachment 118826
Papa, Mama & Baby burgers ~ Hawthorne Blvd, A & W or top of Bay Street in Santa Monica 1960's ... :jamon:

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Papa, Mama & Baby burgers ~ Hawthorne Blvd, A & W or top of Bay Street in Santa Monica 1960's ... :jamon:
My then step dad (early 70's) was sponsored by that A&W. AA/fuel altered dragster called the A&W special.
Raced it at Lion's Drag strip, OCIR, Riverside, Irwindale and Pomona.
He was actually pretty successful at the time.

There may have been a teen burger also.

• Love
Reactions: PPK96754

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
My then step dad (early 70's) was sponsored by that A&W. AA/fuel altered dragster called the A&W special.
Raced it at Lion's Drag strip, OCIR, Riverside, Irwindale and Pomona.
He was actually pretty successful at the time.

There may have been a teen burger also.
I ran my 64 Vette at Lions a few times & Bakersfield once. Fun times. Street raced mainly. Inglewood, Hawthorne, Westchester, Watts, El Segundo, etc. :shaka:

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
PPK...
I dug around on the interweb and found a photo of the dragster.
My step dad wasn't the driver, he was lead mechanic, I remember him and some of the crew working on that thing in our garage and firing it up after rebuilding the engine. It literally rocked the world, totally farkn' cool! (Neighbors weren't too stoked)
He was into the street racing scene also, who knows, you may have crossed paths at one time.
Check out the nose of that '64 Falcon.

Attachments

Reactions: scooch

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
PPK...
I dug around on the interweb and found a photo of the dragster.
My step dad wasn't the driver, he was lead mechanic, I remember him and some of the crew working on that thing in our garage and firing it up after rebuilding the engine. It literally rocked the world, totally farkn' cool! (Neighbors weren't too stoked)
He was into the street racing scene also, who knows, you may have crossed paths at one time.
Check out the nose of that '64 Falcon.
Great photo capture! :cheers: I worked at a gas station in Playa Del Rey (Hickman Chevron) and after hours we would work on our cars and the revving and "loud noise" always annoyed the local residents. :roflmao:

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
He had a gas station, too, on Sawtelle and La Grange (Flying M Gas) in W.L.A I worked there my first 2 years of high school.

Reactions: PPK96754
Status
Not open for further replies.