I heard the neighbor lady say
"encephalitis, now that can ruin your day"

Reactions: 2surf

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
The joys of growing up in MississippiView attachment 133643
We chased the "fog truck" in the evenings in Kahala in the mid 1950's when it went up and down and back and forth on the new streets and vacant house lots when the entire area was scrub land and farms. Can't believe what we did back then, covered with that oily substance and odor and lov'in every minute of our evening play time.

Last edited:

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
We chased the "fog truck" in the evenings in Kahala in the mid 1950's when it went up and down and back and forth on the new streets and vacant house lots when the entire area was scrub land and farms. Can't believe what we did back then, covered with that oily substance and odor and lov'in every minute of our evening play time.
Its amazing how similar thing were growing up on the beach in the 1950s.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Yep, been there - done that. Growing up as an army brat on bases all over the US, Europe and Asia. We were not called inside when the Jeep foggers were doing our streets. This reminds me, Admiral Zumwalt was the senior military officer who signed off on Agent Orange in Vietnam. His son died later from complications from Agent Orange before Zumwalt died. He got to live with the death sentence he passed on to his son and to unknown numbers of US service members who also died from Agent Orange complications. Admiral Zumwalt got to live with his decision/loss of his son. I remember flying in a Huey going some where in 4 Corps (Vietnam Delta). Saw smoke from a fire that created a big dark cloud rising from the fire. Pilot told me it wasn’t unusual to see the clouds rise from jungle fires. Agent Orange ‘defoliated’ and killed all vegetation. F4C’s would later make passes over the defoliated areas and drop napalm. Because of the high/very high humidity the smoke would form a cloud that turned into a rain cloud that would drop buckets of rain over the defoliated/burning area and put out the fires. I’ll never forget the view of clear sky‘s for as far as you could see on the horizon except for the single rain cloud dropping buckets. Apologies for bringing memories that were triggered just now…. John

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Rell Sunn talked about doing that. :cry:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

Did not have that, but did have the various old cars that really steamed/smoked on cold winter mornings. my brother and I would run through the billowing car exhaust as the engines warmed up in the driveway....am sure I showed up for grade school class reeking of unburnt hydrocarbons from the beat up Buicks and Oldsmobiles with V8s from the mid-60s that dear old dad could afford.

Reactions: PPK96754
Status
Not open for further replies.