The Random Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Ha Ha! I remember getting 60 or 90 of those cassettes advertised for 1cent for 1 cent. I filled out the order and mailed it in after putting a line through the contract/agreement sentences in which the ‘buyer’ agreed to buy more at the regular price, etc. (before the internet when you had to snail-mail in agreements). When they called (a number of times), I simply told the caller to look at my contract/agreement and review my changes to the contract. I cited, their performance of the changed contract was their acceptance of the changes I made under California civil law. They never called back and eventually changed the contracts/agreements language going forward ;-)

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
Ha Ha! I remember getting 60 or 90 of those cassettes advertised for 1cent for 1 cent. I filled out the order and mailed it in after putting a line through the contract/agreement sentences in which the ‘buyer’ agreed to buy more at the regular price, etc. (before the internet when you had to snail-mail in agreements). When they called (a number of times), I simply told the caller to look at my contract/agreement and review my changes to the contract. I cited, their performance of the changed contract was their acceptance of the changes I made under California civil law. They never called back and eventually changed the contracts/agreements language going forward ;-)
i got the free bunch of tapes when i was a kid but i used a different name, then sent a change of address card after i got the tapes and shipping bill

btw i recently saw a video about columbia house and their scam, the artists made nothing from em

• Wow
Reactions: john4surf

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Oxcart at Skunkworks. One of the most bad ass planes ever developed. If you're ever driving through Atwater/Merced area on Highway 99, they have one of these at the Castle Air Museum. It's worth a stop. Top speed is still top secret to this day.

Warbird and aircraft geek, out.

You may find this article of interest.

Title of article is:

A CIA spyplane crashed outside Area 51 a half-century ago. This explorer found it.
How urban explorers uncovered the site—and the memory—of a covert Cold War–era accident.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
THE KNEELING HIGH JUMP

This is Incredible!!!

Are you aware that a new world record has been set for the HIGH JUMP from a KNEELING position ?

The record (0.757 meters) - remember this is from a KNEELING position, was set recently on a beach near Montpelier in Southern France.

The photograph below was taken a split second before the jump but it gives you an idea as to how it was achieved...
6215DA43-6660-49FC-80B1-EA12D33C89E7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.