The (Prone) Paddleboard Thread

misterhat

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2007
I've been talking to him. I ordered some racks a couple months ago that came with two different locks but one key, so I finally ordered the second key. Hopefully I don't get swooped on the wider one.

Just to be clear, I'm going to be good with cross bars and the block surf straps yeah? Or do I need to get the little pads to cover the crossbars as well? I'll have to drive about 80 miles to pick the board up from him. I only ride HPSBs so I don't know anything about putting boards up top.

njsurfer42

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2006
shrouded in a 5/4
I've been talking to him. I ordered some racks a couple months ago that came with two different locks but one key, so I finally ordered the second key. Hopefully I don't get swooped on the wider one.

Just to be clear, I'm going to be good with cross bars and the block surf straps yeah? Or do I need to get the little pads to cover the crossbars as well? I'll have to drive about 80 miles to pick the board up from him. I only ride HPSBs so I don't know anything about putting boards up top.
i would probably do pads as well. could probably skip them if you've got a bag for the board, but more padding is better.

Reactions: misterhat

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas

Get some of those purple pool noodles 20w rolls with....your manhood will thank you. and yeah, you will need some crossbar pads.

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
One of you East Coast NJ guys on here ought to buy the 19' Shearwater.
$900 is a flaming steal for a rad board!!
btw it's not mine but wish it was.

misterhat

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2007
Picked up a used 12' commander. One of the regular surftech ones I think.

What do you guys wear when the water is cold? Also what's the coldest you trunk it in?

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Cold water: short sleeve full to a 3/2 full, condition dependent. I like the SS full with booties when it's cold.