The people who allow this to be call themselves the compassionate ones...

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Money has obviously not been allocated correctly.
And attitudes in this thread, most of which are from the people who live in these “most liberal cities”, clearly proves that thát doesn’t mean sh!t.

I
Those are mostly liberals voting for local DNC politicians. The Dems need to own it.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Nowhere in any of my post do I suggest they should be put in abusive places.

And again, if you have knowledge of such horrible things happening you should report it.
the things I’m talking about are legal

restraints are legal

isolation rooms are legal. These can basically be anything up to a windowless dark room that people get locked inside until they comply

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
It’s just a really hard problem to solve

there’s really no cure for what most of these people have

theyre extremely challenging to deal with and can be dangerous

they’re a total drag on society but it’s not their fault

at the same time someone has to deal with them day after day and that is really a hard thing to do

What do other countries do?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
It’s just a really hard problem to solve

there’s really no cure for what most of these people have

theyre extremely challenging to deal with and can be dangerous

they’re a total drag on society but it’s not their fault

at the same time someone has to deal with them day after day and that is really a hard thing to do

I agree with all of this. What I think should be done is better than what anyone else is currently doing.

Some just round them up and disappear them.

Some are just third world sh!t holes run by corrupt, entrenched and unopposed apparatchiks (oh, wait, that‘s LA and SF - CA USA).

Many countries in europe simply provide shelter and do not allow people to live in the streets.

Providing shelter is a half measure when you have 50-60 thousand people living on the streets of LA who simply refuse to go into the housing you have provided.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
it’s nothing to do with “Dems”.

it’s just wrong people for the job

repubes would have been worse.
Nothing to do with Dems, except for:

-the Dem majority in California, especially in wealthy coastal cities/counties
-Dem mayors and city councils that allocate funds and are tasked with implementing solutions, that either aren’t working or never get started in the first place
-Dems that vote for said politicians
-Dem policies that make the cost of building new homes and transitional housing super expensive
-Libs who seek to make life on the street more comfortable, and continue to enable the problem

Yeah, totally innocent.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
that’s exactly what I was saying

The problem is that people, not politicians, don’t want it allocated correctly. I mean look at this thread. “How many people are you going to take in your living room” LOL

if people wanted it, they would elect someone who would allocate the funds correctly.

but the fear of spending money for something other than punishing the homeless, is too much for some people.

It’s everything to do with the lack of civility and civicness.

This society is all about the self, fook everybody and everything else.
You really have no idea what’s going on.

People are voting on their ideals of civility civicness. They are voting for politicians who say the things that play on the voters ideals of these things and the voters continue to vote for the people who say things that sound good.

The problem is that these politicians are lying. They are lying about the root causes of homelessness (many of which stem directly from their own policies), they are lying about what is actually happening with the money they are spending and they are blatantly lying about their “successes”.

All of these things are irrefutable facts that have been demonstrated over and over again.

The main problem the voters have isn‘t a lack of civility. The problem is ignorance, a rigid ideology and tribalism.

They voters are being played.

I have as of yet kept political party affiliation out of this thread because this problem is such a horrible one at the ground level, an atrocious condition of human suffering, that tribalism needs to be put aside and real solutions requiring some tough choices are needed. Real policy change is needed.

But the simple fact of the matter is that this problem has been exponentially exacerbated (there have always been some homeless) due to the unopposed policies of leftists/democrats. It’s one party rule around here. There are exactly zero elected republicans in LA city politics, zero elected republicans in San Francisco and the State of CA has a Dem governor with a veto proof majority.

That is another blatantly obvious, indisputable truth.

Homelessness has increased 16% in CA last year alone. This is after we have spent record sums of money. Money that was promised to be spent in the ways that civic minded people wanted it to be.

It’s not working.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You really have no idea what’s going on.

People are voting on their ideals of civility civicness. They are voting for politicians who say the things that play on the voters ideals of these things and the voters continue to vote for the people who say things that sound good.

The problem is that these politicians are lying. They are lying about the root causes of homelessness (many of which stem directly from their own policies), they are lying about what is actually happening with the money they are spending and they are blatantly lying about their “successes”.

All of these things are irrefutable facts that have been demonstrated over and over again.

The main problem the voters have isn‘t a lack of civility. The problem is ignorance, a rigid ideology and tribalism.

They voters are being played.

I have as of yet kept political party affiliation out of this thread because this problem is such a horrible one at the ground level, an atrocious condition of human suffering, that tribalism needs to be put aside and real solutions requiring some tough choices are needed. Real policy change is needed.

But the simple fact of the matter is that this problem has been exponentially exacerbated (there have always been some homeless) due to the unopposed policies of leftists/democrats. It’s one party rule around here. There are exactly zero elected republicans in LA city politics, zero elected republicans in San Francisco and the State of CA has a Dem governor with a veto proof majority.

That is another blatantly obvious, indisputable truth.

Homelessness has increased 16% in CA last year alone. This is after we have spent record sums of money. Money that was promised to be spent in the ways that civic minded people wanted it to be.

It’s not working.
Can you give comparable examples of Republicans effectively managing this problem?

The problem has to get worse before the changes you want are made.

It's getting worse so . . . .

So relax.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Can you give comparable examples of Republicans effectively managing this problem?

The problem has to get worse before the changes you want are made.

It's getting worse so . . . .

So relax.
Can you find a republican run city that has this problem at anywhere near the extent that we have here?

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
~snip~
Providing shelter is a half measure when you have 50-60 thousand people living on the streets of LA
~snip~
Ask 'em where they are from, pal...
Soooo many are from outta state, so send 'em home, ok?
I know some peps whom work with thee homeless, at the beach,
they try hard to send 'em back wence they came from.
Need a bus ticket back to Colorado?
OK, help, then came...
:)

PS ~ Here's a feeeel good story from a few yearz back,
The mystery homeless woman of Pacific Palisades and the village that helped her home!
Story is of a homeless chick, from outta state, with many issues, whom was helped out,
in thee neighborhood where i spent many hours lookin' for breachin' sharks yesterday,
to no avail. she got some help, + went back home! vid below...

L8z, rw
:drowning:

Last edited: