The Official Wine Thread!

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Best winery in SLO County IMO
I'd agree, also with Tablas for more affordable and more selection. It's usually bday, xmas etc wine but I had it in the fridge so lucky me tonight and tomorrow :shaka: I have a stash of Reva, Viognier & a little Pandora, some niece/nephew birth year gifts. If they don't like wine, more lucky me:p

Reactions: grapedrink

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
A friend gave my wife and I this bottle a few weeks ago:

I'm not sure if I've had straight Mourvedre before, definitely in a GSM blend, but this was surprisingly good. I know nothing of the winery other than they're from Paso, but these grapes were from SB Co.

Reactions: gbg

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
No wine since sometime last week or week before with lots of work and road trips. 2 good ones this week.

bomb juice
tablas 2.jpg

snatched this for a super cheap at a restaurant selling their wine list from the entrance. tonight's juice

ten.jpg

Reactions: gbg and grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
After not drinking all week I drank an entire bottle of cheap wine last night. I fear the I was a little more obnoxious than I would have liked.

Cheap wine doesn't get you as buzzed.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Nah, it's the alcohol that gets you buzzed, it's all the other compounds in the wine and any added sugar, color, acid, &c, that effects the kind of buzz you get.
Cheap wine gives you a shitty buzz.

Years ago, I tried this cheap win from fresh and easy. It was 3 dollars.

I drank the whole bottle and didn't get buzzed.

I think I got buzzed from last night but it wasn't a good buzz.

I was an obnoxious drunk.

I was trying to save on my wine bill.

Not drinking really cuts the cost.

Same this with not eating.

Your food bill really goes down./

Reactions: enframed

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
What appellation? Looks like southern France. Rhone? Languedoc? Rousillon? Southwest?
I'm not the most well versed when it comes to French wines. But I believe it's Rousillon.

We stumbled upon Marc Barriot's wines one night in a funny bit of serendipity. One of my kiwi friends Marc who now lives in Toronto was in town with his wife Caroline to return to Joshua Tree with her friend that nearly died after breaking her pelvis while hiking alone surviving 96 hours in the desert drinking her own pee.

My name is also Marc and my girlfriends name also happens to be Caroline as well. So we took them to dinner at Night Market and my Caroline ordered a French orange wine off the menu called "Le Trouble Fait". When it showed up at the table we read the label and realized it was made by Marc & Caroline Barriot. So there we were Marc & Caroline having dinner with Marc & Caroline and sharing a bottle of Marc & Caroline. The best part is the wine was really fvcking good!

IMG_3674.jpeg

So after that meal I ordered a case of Le Trouble Fait which we enjoyed immensely and a few weeks ago we finished the last bottle. I tried ordering more but couldn't track down that bottle. But I found an importer out of San Jose that carried the full range of Marc Barriot's other offerings and decided to give it a go. So far they've all been winners and they're not terribly expensive. One day we hope to visit his cellars.

Reactions: enframed and _____

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
That is a pretty rad and in good way weird story but I still haven't accustomed to orange wine.

The big question is: DID you get the Uni fried rice?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
That is a pretty rad and in good way weird story but I still haven't accustomed to orange wine.

The big question is: DID you get the Uni fried rice?

Always get the uni fried rice! Always!

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
How about June 28th, an erBB meetup in los olivos? Just hit 2 tasting rooms in that general area. We are slowly making our way up to Paso for 4th of July and will probably get a couple morning sessions at Disneyland.