The Official Wine Thread!

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Hey guys, how's Napa doing nowadays. As tourists and amateur wine drinkers, was wondering if the tours are open yet. Will do tastings of course, but we do like the full effect.
Open for business. All of California is pretty much appointment only, so plan ahead.

Reactions: sponge

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Facts tell, stories sell. Everyone loves a good story (assuming it's actually a good story)
As a wine sales rep, let me tell you that I very much appreciate the "self-actualized speed-taster." They already know what good wine is, they just have to decide if it works for them and their program. I can taste through 15 wines in 10 minutes. I love those people.

Those who need a story generally are the ones who know less about wine. The more you know about wine, the more you can smell a bullshit story. By "bullshit" I don't mean untrue, I just mean marketing.

Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Facts tell, stories sell. Everyone loves a good story (assuming it's actually a good story)
I'm fine if it's a hot chick with a smoothing vocal tone.

So far it hasn't been.

But the last two times it was an annoying Isreali chick and a pedaphile.

I must really give the game away with my facial expression.

Because it's always weird.

Just give me my wine and fuck off!:cursing:

And Happy Easter!

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Those who need a story generally are the ones who know less about wine. The more you know about wine, the more you can smell a bullshit story. By "bullshit" I don't mean untrue, I just mean marketing.
Well, yeah, which is what most tourist wine tasters are anyway

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
There is a Barolo/Barbaresco thing happening at the Intercontinental in DTLA tomorrow. Consumer tasting from 6-9. I think it's $75. 150 producers showing over 200 wines.

Industry is free from 12-5, but bring a business card.