*** The Official Wildland FIRE Thread ***

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Right. What I said. This is the overwhelming effect - fuel.

No, you said, "This is 100% a fuel issue. "

You didn't leave yourself a lot of wiggle room

Unfortunately you contradicted yourself with that last link which says in the first paragraph, "climate change is increasing the heat that drives wildfires."

There is likely an interesting conversation to be had on this subject but since climate change is such a partisan issue it probably belongs in the Politics forum.

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
After 25 years in the fire service, I can tell you that it's not caused by 100% of anything. It's a multi headed hydra. So many reasons and causes. Some related, some not.
It would actually be solvable if it was 100% caused by 1 thing.
No good answers, and both sides of the argument have very valid points.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
No, you said, "This is 100% a fuel issue. "

You didn't leave yourself a lot of wiggle room

Unfortunately you contradicted yourself with that last link which says in the first paragraph, "climate change is increasing the heat that drives wildfires."
If true - which we don't know due to academic fraud - it has some effect. I am betting it's 100% fuel since academic fraud is rampant.

There is likely an interesting conversation to be had on this subject but since climate change is such a partisan issue it probably belongs in the Politics forum.
Thanks dad.

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
A fire just started here in SLO about an hour ago, on the hill directly behind the high school. Evacuating that area now.

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
Oh, man.
He's in for the experience of a lifetime.
And such a beautiful place to be stationed.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
My comment was, “I don’t know if I’d have long hair if I was a firefighter.” My bro in law replied, “What if you were also a male model?”
yeah based on that trailer i'm thinking i'll give that series a skip

and i'm always surprised at how long the hair is on the guys in my kid's crew. buncha pnw sasquatches.

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754