***The Official Running Thread***

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Big ups, Kento! What a day to have that big of a run. I know you said the winner is unworldly, but honestly, doing what you did seems unworldly to me.

I have a paltry 4 mile race on the 28th. It's just a local first-responder fundraiser event and I'm doing a relay with a team of 4. Everybody does a 4 mile leg. I was feeling pretty good leading up to last weekend, and now I've destroyed my legs with 3 days of snowboarding. Gonna pick up the last minute training tomorrow, but I've been running some mile splits in the low 6s. Should be a fun event.
Thanks Iceman but shows the merit of all that Zone 2 training. Did so much for my overall fitness. Whatever failures I had on the uphills and such had zero to do with cardio, just leg muscles getting really tired.

28th? You have plenty of time. Not like you aren't fit already. And besides, think of snowboarding at high altitude as a combo of strength and cardio. Especially doing fast laps on that snake run. Probably more or less tapering for it at this point, I'd imagine? Low 6s is good. And that does sound like fun - good luck!

Reactions: Iceman