***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Yuri doesnt look very russian. :unsure::ROFLMAO:
He looks like he's from Uzbekistan or Khazakstan.

ya the asking for surf technique advice while talking boar design on yuri’s part is strange. he needs a surf coach and keep design separate.

anyways, all u young shredder duus just wait til u have a wife, kid, mortgage, full-time job, inlaws, and u will see shades of yuri in urself…

anyways, yuri is the poster boy for the adult learner covid era beginner surfer.
He looks like he started before 2019 and his level has stayed about the same
This is the dream we are chasing with our mid lengths.

He's usually surfing bigger waves where he can put all that rail in the water.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Should I post up some board reviews on Youtube? I really dislike a lot of the reviewers out there. Noel sucks. Yuri sucks.

Will the erbb crew support the cause or dog on me? All reviews would be completely unfiltered.
Dogging you would be the way the erBB shows support.:trout: :waving:

But seriously, the happy medium would be great. Salsa is ex-pro on low volumes that I cannot relate to at all. And Yuri sucks. So ...do it! What'll be your first board?

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I'm biased for #2. Not sure how #1 would work in overhead surf but I would think Danny could make adjustments. For him to say it is a wave harvester is scary. No matter what he is on he seems to always get whatever he wants. :oops:
Do you like forward wide point boards? I find they surf longer than their length. So a 6-10 would feel like a 7-4. But then at OBSF maybe that's what you want....

Reactions: PRCD

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Do you like forward wide point boards? I find they surf longer than their length. So a 6-10 would feel like a 7-4. But then at OBSF maybe that's what you want....
Yes and I agree. AT OBSF you want paddle power, to move around and get out. I've found the WP forward board tricky for big drops in that you are so far forward dropping in not having enough rocker can be hazardous. But being upfront on the board on a big wave tucked in the curl screaming across the face is pretty nice.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Thanks for answering, rowjimmytour, Woke AF, and kool-aid....that was the direction I was headed. Just was wondering if I wasn't considering something.

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Thanks for answering, rowjimmytour, Woke AF, and kool-aid....that was the direction I was headed. Just was wondering if I wasn't considering something.
I borrowed a similar 6'8 (also 20.5) deep swallow tail quad from Danny. Rode it at softer head high/overhead Pleasure Point and it went good. Then I got it out in long period overhead OB and it turned on. In my experience, most of Danny's boards want juice, even the wider outlines. The pintail will definitely turn tight off the top and handle better on very hollow days. Anything less than barreling waves, I would take the swallow.

Anyway, Danny gives an amazing custom experience and obviously knows how to make boards for OB. He doesn't just make you one of his stock models. Tell him your preferences and waves you want the board for and he will absolutely dial you in. Rocker, bottom contours, tail shapes, nose and tail widths, deck profiles, rails, fin config, wood -- everything is customized.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Doof and trifish

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
will say.....that stupid midstrength felt fun in shat ocnditions....and saw some guy surfing REALLY fast and loose on whatever the hell the mid 6 thing is. that being said...kind of like a lager. if there is nothing else/its absoluetly needed...alright. otherwise..no gracias.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Pure unadulterated awesomeness.
the guy was a bigger dude....guessing around 50-55....saw him driving losse and extremely fast down the line of a screaming shoulder high left...board looked liek it was made for the walled conditions. guy looked to be surfing better than he should have been able to