***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I was a mid length proponent when my back injury forced me onto one. But now that my back is better and I'm back on my shortboard, I've got to say- mid lengths suck and are for kooks.
Doing the same surfing on your thruster that I can do on a mid length is pretty kook

Reactions: lofatkilla

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
thought ml meant 7.5-8.5 ft range. apparently on the erbb a 6’4 is a ml
Who said 6’4?
If I’m 6’0, and my dd is a fishy 5’8-5’10… a 6’6 or 6’8 is either my mini-stepup or ML, right?
LOL
Dunno, there’s definitely room for argument and probably relative to riders size…
but I’d say >7’ fo sho.

Last edited:

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
I was a mid length proponent when my back injury forced me onto one. But now that my back is better and I'm back on my shortboard, I've got to say- mid lengths suck and are for kooks.
Yeah...injuries will slow you down.
Getting old sucks even more...ain't no recovering from that...when you combine injuries with age eventually you have to run with what you are able to pair with ability and your body.

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
:foreheadslap:
would you drive a ferrari off-road?
conditions dictate boards not egos
what if you surf alone and no one can see? what board then?

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
I need help. Can someone help me fit my 6'4 x 19 1/4 x 2 7/16 rockered-out, foiled-out swallow tail fish into a category? I need to know so I can decide what kind of pants to wear.
All I know is that I can't tell how you're virtue signaling your stance against midlengths.

Last edited:

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
How do you take your coffee? Do you ever indulge in vegan treats?
Coconut oil and chocolate whey protein. No vegan stuff unless those tricksters get me unknowingly.
Do ya man bun or have fancy face hair :shrug:
Short-ish, unstyle head hair. 5-o'clock shadow currently on my face.

However, my pubic region is immaculate.