***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Real life Yuri is not always the nice guy you see. Have some stories... He seems to have been consumed by this new found "fame"
I picked up on this in some of his recent videos. A slight disturbance to the force. Some of the people he interviews must think he's a total kook; they kind of talk a bit down to him and cut him off. The life of an influencer is kind of sad. Having to set up that camera on the beach, put a GoPro in your mouth, etc. Always strikes me as really sh!t.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Forgive me @Aruka but I don’t understand the point of his reviews. His level is so low and the typical waves he surfs are so poor, you don’t learn anything about the boars by watching him surf them. What he describes regarding design mostly is not what his surfing is capable of showing. It’s like the bizarro version of Noel Salsa / Trestles conveyor belt consistency.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Forgive me @Aruka but I don’t understand the point of his reviews. His level is so low and the typical waves he surfs are so poor, you don’t learn anything about the boars by watching him surf them. What he describes regarding design mostly is not what his surfing is capable of showing. It’s like the bizarro version of Noel Salsa / Trestles conveyor belt consistency.
i totally agree. i think it was havoc who originally posted to "leave yuri alone" and i just found it so funny that i've kept up the tradition any time someone starts to throw shade. i dunno, maybe there is a part of me that feels a little bad for him. the guy is so kook he doesn't even know he's kook. watching him interview a shaper and show clips of himself surfing and then asking for feedback was giving me low key Borat vibes like i almost couldn't watch it.

Last edited:

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
ya the asking for surf technique advice while talking boar design on yuri’s part is strange. he needs a surf coach and keep design separate.

anyways, all u young shredder duus just wait til u have a wife, kid, mortgage, full-time job, inlaws, and u will see shades of yuri in urself…

anyways, yuri is the poster boy for the adult learner covid era beginner surfer.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I'm beginning to think some of you don't understand the sheer magnitude of Yuri's influence in surfing. He will hold a large piece of real estate in surf history as a result of his performance driven board reviews with intellectual deep dives into revolutionary design characteristics. His legacy will be comparable to Simon Anderson introducing the thruster.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
ya the asking for surf technique advice while talking boar design on yuri’s part is strange. he needs a surf coach and keep design separate.

anyways, all u young shredder duus just wait til u have a wife, kid, mortgage, full-time job, inlaws, and u will see shades of yuri in urself…

anyways, yuri is the poster boy for the adult learner covid era beginner surfer.
Many people ar super harsh on others's surfing until they see themselves on video.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
I'm beginning to think some of you don't understand the sheer magnitude of Yuri's influence in surfing. He will hold a large piece of real estate in surf history as a result of his performance driven board reviews with intellectual deep dives into revolutionary design characteristics. His legacy will be comparable to Simon Anderson introducing the thruster.
The internet has ruined reality

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Many people ar super harsh on others's surfing until they see themselves on video.
Rightly so however they don't then proceed to start a Youtube channel reviewing surfboards showing themselves surfing in it.
Before chubby Craig started his Youtube channel he was regularly appearing on the Compare surfboards channel riding boards that Benny the owner was reviewing.
Benny never showed any footage of himself (that I can recall) but he was an adult learner so was likely comparable in skills to Yuri.
Eventually Benny's reviews just stopped and Craig's channel took off.

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
6’
eps
Yes please
Sure, whatever is convenient for you
Let’s do 5 boxes and cover all bases
For the price of an Album with no fins, from GG you can get a board with color, two different sets of hand made fins with enough money left over to pay for a flight to Nicaragua in August and still have beer money when you get there. Plus it’s closer for me to pick the board up at LAX than drive down to OC.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Leave Yurine alone!