***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Been getting some fun ones on my Mini Glider finally.

Nearly always get a comment from someone about the board on the beach.
The WinkleVoss twin kook that burned me on the best wave I've had in two years did not mention anything though.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
There are definitely moments when I wish I had some extra length on it, particularly when the waves are small or if I'm out for a paddle, but size isn't typically the issue around here, just wind.But the shorter length makes it a bit more fun when the waves are over 3 feet.

There are moments of trim fun, but it doesn't really "glide" in that locked in, I can't really do anything else even if I tried feeling. If anything, it kinda wants to move, and it can be. I'm still surfing pretty conservatively. I avoid late drops, I'm only doing pretty soft cutties and avoiding sections until I feel a bit further along in my recovery. That being said, I brought my shortboard down on Sunday and almost paddled it out, but chickened out. Soon enough.

aldo

Nep status
Aug 13, 2012
Bahamas
There are definitely moments when I wish I had some extra length on it, particularly when the waves are small or if I'm out for a paddle, but size isn't typically the issue around here, just wind.But the shorter length makes it a bit more fun when the waves are over 3 feet.

There are moments of trim fun, but it doesn't really "glide" in that locked in, I can't really do anything else even if I tried feeling. If anything, it kinda wants to move, and it can be. I'm still surfing pretty conservatively. I avoid late drops, I'm only doing pretty soft cutties and avoiding sections until I feel a bit further along in my recovery. That being said, I brought my shortboard down on Sunday and almost paddled it out, but chickened out. Soon enough.
Von Sol Mini Glider?

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
If the goal is to elavate the heart rate, I'm not sure this plan works out to the same effect.
no not really, walking burns about the same number of calories as running for the same distance, just takes longer. would probably go for a bike ride if the goal was to raise the heart rate. never liked running long distances, more of a sprint and rest kind of guy.

Jun 3, 2015
Finally lockdown lifted here in NZ (Level 4 to Level 3), meaning we could surf again, so I got my first surf on my 7'2 Chilli Mid Strength.

Very very good initial impressions. It was only waist to chest high, but I got a good feel for the board. I does NOT feel like a long, stiff, hard to turn dog, but much more like a blown-up SB. Still had good glide, though, and got into waves easily.

More as the situation develops :)
Hey Maz - did u find it difficult to paddle the board ? I’m looking at buying one but wondering if that 22’ width tapers quickly towards the front.