***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
this thing looks pretty sick

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/surfysurfy/posts/10159567325889521&show_text=true&width=500" width="500" height="740" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>
Bro, no channels and not even a twin?? Best thing about it is the Raiders of the Lost Ark amulet logo that JP uses for SurfySurfy!

Reactions: MathDebater

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
this thing looks pretty sick

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/surfysurfy/posts/10159567325889521&show_text=true&width=500" width="500" height="740" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>
i scooped up his Quarantine model a couple months ago. it's a little more full template and chunkier rails than the Apprentice. really fun and nimble considering how chonky it is. a keeper for sure.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Despite my self-loathing at having given up and gone to the dark side… I have to say, I really like my 7’ Dankness as a quad. Don’t plan on switching to single any time soon. It’s just loose enough to be pretty fun for the <waist high crap surf, when I would ride the boar

Reactions: Aruka

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Despite my self-loathing at having given up and gone to the dark side… I have to say, I really like my 7’ Dankness as a quad. Don’t plan on switching to single any time soon. It’s just loose enough to be pretty fun for the <waist high crap surf, when I would ride the boar
Twins are nice mid length because you have all that rail for traction and juicy looseness of twin:shaka:

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Finally lockdown lifted here in NZ (Level 4 to Level 3), meaning we could surf again, so I got my first surf on my 7'2 Chilli Mid Strength.

Very very good initial impressions. It was only waist to chest high, but I got a good feel for the board. I does NOT feel like a long, stiff, hard to turn dog, but much more like a blown-up SB. Still had good glide, though, and got into waves easily.

More as the situation develops :)

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Second session on the Chilli. Even smaller - knee to waist high - but with good shape. Had a very good surf, and the board was a hoot.

There's a lot of curve in the outline, and that's apparent when turning; even in tiny waves there's no sticky points through the turn, just a smooth arc.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Finally lockdown lifted here in NZ (Level 4 to Level 3), meaning we could surf again, so I got my first surf on my 7'2 Chilli Mid Strength.

Very very good initial impressions. It was only waist to chest high, but I got a good feel for the board. I does NOT feel like a long, stiff, hard to turn dog, but much more like a blown-up SB. Still had good glide, though, and got into waves easily.

More as the situation develops :)
nice dude. i watched the big SA bloke review one and he quite liked it. looked like it would work well in decent to good surf with all that rocker. very much not a mid length glider like the hayden you had been considering.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Very different, I'd say.

The rocker is sort of unusual: not tons of it, but nice curve through most of the board, then quite flat the last 12-18". And it has a whopping single concave between the feet, digging through some of that curve.

It's a strange looking board, but it surfs much smaller than its dimensions would indicate (22" wide!). Very nimble.

We should see some good waves here Fri-Sat. Will let you know how it goes for me in a bit of juice.