***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Love a mini simmons in any waves that aren’t hollow, up to overhead and beyond if it’s mushy(so most California waves most days)
You can make them not slippy. My 6’0 twin is the fastest board ever made by anyone other than roy stewart obvi

Jan 10, 2014
Thanks for the input guys. I live on the gulf so waves are typically small (knee-waist) and weird. Can be straight mush or a little “punchy.” I have an 8ft foamie I bought for teaching my son on but haven’t succumbed to taking it out without him yet. Flat rocker is definitely what I’m after. Have to decide if I want to give a mini sim a go

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
anything with a flat rocker works, short or long.
Let's qualify that by saying "works to generate speed." If by works you mean hooking turns in a pocket, not so much. Also, too much outline curve can slow a board down even with flat rocker.

For me mid lengths work in small waves (waist high and below) if I just want to go down the line, maybe pump a little. But in general I use mine when the waves are head to overhead, then they come alive and give you the big wrapping turn sensations. Head and a half...carving rollercoasters...wooo wooo!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
7'10 Thick Lizzy w/ the runners in.

Still can't say enough good stuff about mine, only riding it as a single so far. Haven't tried it with the Bonzer runners yet but keep hearing good things.

Real fun stuff on the channel behind the video "Blue" from Japan for guys who swing this way.

Oct 17, 2022
Can anybody explain the difference in feel between channels that run all the way out the back, vs ones that fade before exiting the rail? Also, the center thruster box looks to be 6"+ up...
maybe a little late......and obvious....
with channels that run all the way out the back -------------> you are increasing the main tail rocker (inside the channels)
with channels that fade before rail ---------> you are flattening the rocker

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
7'10 Thick Lizzy w/ the runners in.

Still can't say enough good stuff about mine, only riding it as a single so far. Haven't tried it with the Bonzer runners yet but keep hearing good things.

Real fun stuff on the channel behind the video "Blue" from Japan for guys who swing this way.
I watched a couple of the vids. He surfs better than Yuri (and I've heard LIddle hulls are difficult to surf). And the waves look kinda fun, kinda mushy butbetter than where Yuri surfs. And I LOVED the song in this clip. :roflmao:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
The GOAT is sliding down the mountain. Doesn’t make the cut and within days has brought out his first midlength clip.
He’s never ridden this much volume hey. Should rename it the “Goat boat”.
He could kinda talk it up, but he didn't make himself ride it. The transition to ex-pro to fatherhood w/ accompanying Dadbod is not going to be pretty in this case.

Reactions: Havoc