***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Any idea how this would go?

Never ridden a hull before. Never seen a flatter rocker. This one looks like an Andreini Vaq to me, but not sure.

Here's some copy: The bottom features a bellied entry that flows into a vee out the tail making it a very user-friendly hull. To add, the rails are not too pinched, but are a great compromise between less forgiving hulls and full-railed egg shapes. The rocker profile is more hull-esque, with a turned down tail and a slightly flipped nose, giving the deck a slight "S" shape.

You are on the wrong path when you are linking to those faggots.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

Never ridden a hull before. Never seen a flatter rocker. This one looks like an Andreini Vaq to me, but not sure.

Here's some copy: The bottom features a bellied entry that flows into a vee out the tail making it a very user-friendly hull. To add, the rails are not too pinched, but are a great compromise between less forgiving hulls and full-railed egg shapes. The rocker profile is more hull-esque, with a turned down tail and a slightly flipped nose, giving the deck a slight "S" shape.

agree that was my first thought, Hully Vaquero.
The outline looks a bit fuller and the hull qualities are accentuated.
For junky conditions -pass
want greater than 45 degree turns/cutbacks/or thoughts of going vertical - hard pass

go fast- yes
cheater for long walls at southern points- maybe

probably best for waves in Scandanavia ;)

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Oh, you think this is too low performance? Fuck you guys I'm going past MP, RB, and Wayne Lynch and straight to Hot Generation sh!t:

Yes, in the depths of a knee injury this is where my head is at. Perhaps I need an intervention.

Last edited:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Oh, you think this is too low performance? fook you guys I'm going past MP, RB, and Wayne Lynch and straight to Hot Generation sh!t:

Yes, in the depths of a knee injury this is where my head is at. Perhaps I need an intervention.
I've been thinking about something like that for all the small uncatchable days at the beach. Longboard alternative.
The outline looks a little wonk to me but...

This looks interesting. You can buy all the waves for only $2K.

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Yeah, I had knee recovery Linda Mar or small Beach days in mind. I have a log, but I like the idea of a more maneuverable board for small weak waves. Andreini McVee looks good. These MPEs look like a good cheap, instant gratification alternative

That Christenson is nuts.

Reactions: Maz and chilly1

jory

OTF status
Aug 13, 2006
UK
Visit site
I hesitate to encourage people to buy fire wire but honestly the cj nelson thunderbolt outlier is a hell of a lot of fun.

The 7’6 and 8’ are basically a vaquero with a less aggressively hully bottom shape. You still get that hully feel and trim speed but it feels much more like a regular single fin egg to cut back and will allow hitting the whitewater instead of the weird bogged wallowey s turn that passes for a cutback on most hulls. A lot more available than a vaquero too. Works great from stomach high face and goes in mush.

I tend to use mine when it’s either a little big for no leash beachbreak logging or smaller but too messy for noseriding ( think Junky east coast kinda beach break)

Worth considering anyway....

Reactions: bluengreen

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
+1 on the Outlier.

I rode my friends 8'0 one day and it was really fun. Love the hully feel and it wasn't too hard to adjust to. I've actually been thinking of grabbing one for like a year as I flash back to riding it.

There's a 7'0 Outlier which is totally different, a bit wider and thicker with a 2 +1 setup that seems like it would go even better for east coast beach break kinda waves.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

I had a 6'10" fineline MP similiar shape and dome deck and I think in side view S profile worked really good in all sort of conditions even grovel plus loved barrels. Did not have the bladey displacement hull feeling have to ride in the middle. You could stomp on tail and really put it on rail for a nice turn or carve the fuk out of it:waving:

Last edited:

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Brian Hilbers shaper believe in So Ca LA ? Hard guy to get a hold of very ole skool tried when I wanted to replace my used MP but time he contacted me I had already placed order with other shaper:foreheadslap:
Brian and I go way back. We kind of lost touch in the past years. Used to own a bunch of his boards.
Had a microant and an MP. Super fun Hull hum upfront and I could kinda turn 'em from the back end...archer not arrow.
Loved 'em.

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Brian and I go way back. We kind of lost touch in the past years. Used to own a bunch of his boards.
Has a microant and an MP. Super fun Hull hum upfront and I could kinda turn 'em from the back end...archer not arrow.
Loved 'em.

@lofatkilla Does he still shape and if so do you have reliable contact number or email? I had a used mp otr 6'10" ride from 1' to oh+ really good barrel board and you could stump on the tail and actually not only carve but turn as well:shaka: It had those old fin system forget name goes thru deck sidebites and used a 6a for back:shaka: