***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
This thread shall never grow old!

The Keg on the Egg (Not)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This thread is now over a year old and I finally joined the party. :cool:

Boom!

Rusty Surfboards - Egg Not
7' stock dims
6s+4+6 glassing
two color resin tint

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
supporting local is good :cheers:
I'm starting to wonder what will become of Rusty Surfboards once the man himself has moved on. He's getting up there, and his family is no longer poised to take over the business. A few long time shapers with him like Pedro, Rick, and Hoy. The thought of selling the rights to a big manufacturer crossed my mind, as scary as that is. :unsure: F*ck, I'd still probably buy 'em. :LOL:

"Is it better to burn out than to fade away?" -- Kurt Cobain

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
And riding it as a Twin in the 4 + 1 boxes.... twin fin placement surely not approved by Greg Griffin. :p ... but before anyone dumps on Greg, even I know that it's really not ideal havig twins where quads should be... maybe run some with a lot of rake!?

This thread shall never grow old!

The Keg on the Egg (Not)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I'm starting to wonder what will become of Rusty Surfboards once the man himself has moved on. He's getting up there, and his family is no longer poised to take over the business. A few long time shapers with him like Pedro, Rick, and Hoy. The thought of selling the rights to a big manufacturer crossed my mind, as scary as that is. :unsure: F*ck, I'd still probably buy 'em. :LOL:

"Is it better to burn out than to fade away?" -- Kurt Cobain
Is his son Clint not involved anymore? I thought he was shaping

Reactions: sdsrfr

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
healthy amount of nose rocker, I bet that thing would kill it on a bigger slopey day
They call the nose rocker fairly relaxed..??..

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Looks like Rusty is in need of money and wants to cash in on the clowns.

Yeah maybe... But everyone needs money, and he's been 'cashing in' on eggs and mid-lengths for a very long time.

R.Preisendorfer said:
The eGG is something that comes deep from in my roots. I’ve have told this story, but it bears repeating.

My parents had moved to Oahu and I had already spent several months, multiple trips. At the time I was all about Gerry and RB. Down rail gunny things.

I got a job shaping at G+S in early ’72.

I didn’t have my own room, but they were so busy at the time that they had me come in the afternoons to do 4 or 5 boards. The bay I worked in was basically right next to Skip. What a great person! We became friends and I went through a period of everything Skip. Eggs, a quiver of 4oz fins, sanded hot coats, which were uncommon in those days. Skip’s Eggs had their own special vibe. Mine developed a different direction. A little more rocker, especially in the tail. My rails were lower.

This latest offering has some of those elements. More curve in the back third. A touch more in the nose but still low enough to ease the rider into waves earlier. The eGG is a little thinner than would be expected. Helps with the flex. The bottom starts with light release up front, very light vee through the mid, and a double con vee that peaks at about .2 deep in the sweet spot, 24 inches up.

Beginner or advanced, everyone should have a Fun board in their quiver,

Last edited:

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
aside from being a couple hours from the surf I'd probably rather raise a family there than SD but I'm pretty biased.

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
aside from being a couple hours from the surf I'd probably rather raise a family there than SD but I'm pretty biased.
I went to high school and college in Corvallis. Definitely a nice place to grow up, but at some point in my 20s my sinuses gave up. The jetties, Agate, and Otter Rock aren't a bad little zone for waves.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I went to high school and college in Corvallis. Definitely a nice place to grow up, but at some point in my 20s my sinuses gave up. The jetties, Agate, and Otter Rock aren't a bad little zone for waves.
ah. allergies. gnarly. I've scored some fun waves in those zones. i've heard it's pretty blown out with crowds now but i haven't been up there in a few years. always cut over the the 5 when i'm heading up to Portland.