***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

ajmojave

OTF status
Aug 26, 2018
I have a few stub-Vector variants and and even more Griffins. They are all very good. I am a short fat guy, and both Dave and Greg have dialed in their shapes to work really well for me. I think the big difference right now has that GG will ship to California and probably anywhere else.

Reactions: MathDebater

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
LMAO at the haters saying it doesn't look like it goes well. Dude is f'ing ripping a 7' board.
I'd love to try one of these, along with a Tollhurst Moe. And Harley Ingleby is the $hit on anything he surfs.
A few guys have them on the Big Island and they love them. Get them earlier on the bigger days and when they want more flotation to battle with the longboarders at Bayfront. I believe they got them through Hawaiian South Shore , except for one poor soul who ordered his thru Cleanline earlier this year and was told next month, and then next month and then six weeks. Well mid August and no Mid 6.

Reactions: Aruka

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
LMAO at the haters saying it doesn't look like it goes well. Dude is f'ing ripping a 7' board.
I'd love to try one of these, along with a Tollhurst Moe. And Harley Ingleby is the $hit on anything he surfs.
Had a Moe for a short period. Didn't paddle very well in the flats or catch waves well. Did go well once on them but the sub par paddleabilty made it a chore so got rid of it. Others I know have also owned it for only a brief time. The mid 6 looks better and feels good under the arm but the price is ridiculous.

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
That mid6 looks like the crowdkiller oversized SB for shortboarders fed up with the Covid crowds. He did rip on it plus I thought his comments on it were spot on: bit of self loathing yet still enjoying catching more /any wave. “I didn’t make any friends at Lowers the other day” LOL. Sounds like Havoc’s surf journal entries.

Toobz

OTF status
Oct 8, 2013
South Oz.
Nose rocker + thinner front for the Win !
2 traits the Gmac stretched twinny has. I know I’ve sang it’s praises before but it has proven to be a very versatile board. Saturday survival mode on a rare outer reef/bar at DOH+, Sunday figure 8 cutties, snaps etc. on stomach high burgers at the point. Same board, same fins, even same leash:foreheadslap:
22E1AA64-6302-4A67-9AB9-0147323291E9.jpeg
Saturday
FC5179D0-009A-4807-96D4-C4614AB2476E.jpeg
Looks kind of gunny and narrow in this pic but it’s 21” wide.
6’10 x 21 x 2 5/8.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
We get it Havoc, you don't like midlengths. You think everyone should ride a shortboard always and forever.

So why do you keep posting in this thread?

There's a hundred other not-midlength threads.