+
View attachment 150039
:cool:

Cheeeeehoooo mahalos!!!!

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I've only surfed in LA 2-3 times. Always Malibu. Never good. 3rd point beachie was the best experience.

BUT

I have fun when I visit LA, which is less now with kids.
My wife's family is there. We used to stay at the Bonaventure 3-4 times a year for a conference. Her brother lives in Chinatown now so we stay there. Lots of cool stuff if you're single and like to go out.
Malibu is never good...because when it's good it's insanely crowded. But...there are a few tricks to gettin it good....

Do you dine at the rotating roof top restaurant at the Bonaventure? I've done that a couple times. Very cool. Time it to get your apertifs at sunset and you meal once it's dark.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I've been to four shoe stores in the past two weeks none of which sell shoe laces. Jesusfuck wtf is going on?
dude...i even went to walkmart and they barely ahd shat...and dint fit. had to amazon. weird times. weird times. then again...whiteclaw is the thing. and thats coming from someone who is pretyt ocmmie lefty hippy and shat like that!

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Largest woodland area within an urban city limit. Previously I would wonder what it was like when all the little arroyos were filled with water, because I'd always seen them dry. The past month they are ALL filled with water and right now the flowers are starting bloom. LA isn't so bad.

The South Bay viewed from the North Bay-
IMG_7735.JPG

God beam-
IMG_7748.JPG

IMG_7746.JPG

After the burns, life returns-
IMG_7761.JPG

Flowers everywhere-
IMG_7762.JPG

IMG_7738.JPG

IMG_7755.JPG
IMG_7759.JPG

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
Largest woodland area within an urban city limit. Previously I would wonder what it was like when all the little arroyos were filled with water, because I'd always seen them dry. The past month they are ALL filled with water and right now the flowers are starting bloom. LA isn't so bad.

View attachment 151683

God beam-
View attachment 151684

View attachment 151690

View attachment 151685

Flowers everywhere-
View attachment 151686

View attachment 151687

View attachment 151688
View attachment 151689
That area is gonna burn like a MFer when it dries out.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Yeah. I always think to myself when walking through the seas of green, "A firefighter would be seeing fuel fuel fuel."

Indeed.

I don't remember if we ate up there or not. I'm pretty certain we got a drink, and maybe an app, and were disappointed.

Lots of cool stuff happening in DTLA and adjacent if you can find it and accept what's not cool

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Do you dine at the rotating roof top restaurant at the Bonaventure? I've done that a couple times. Very cool. Time it to get your apertifs at sunset and you meal once it's dark.
Indeed.

I don't remember if we ate up there or not. I'm pretty certain we got a drink, and maybe an app, and were disappointed.

I realized I didn't reply to the right response.

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but the Bonaventure is sentimental for the Mrs. It's where her mom and dad met. So even though the hotel doesn't feel all that interesting and pretty outdated (the abandoned mall/food court is just sad. But if they could lower their rent prices enough, it could be a really interesting incubator for pop ups), she still digs it.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com

View attachment 151683

God beam-
View attachment 151684

View attachment 151690

View attachment 151685

Flowers everywhere-
View attachment 151686

View attachment 151687

View attachment 151688
View attachment 151689
Wow - that top photo of the trail and the South Bay. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Good God is it gonna burn, but man, it's pretty as all get out right now. Friends have sent pics of Laguna that just look amazing.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Just moved out of the Hollywood apartment I had and came back home. It was fun for a couple months. Good neighborhood up in Beachwood Canyon. Fun mountain bike trails. Ditches to skate. People’s only real hobby seems to be walking their dogs.

But we’re on strike now and I’m working landscaping and surf lessons and whatever ding repair I can pick up haha

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Sometimes it's bad. I mentioned this video in a different thread in relation to "finger guns" and the need to focus on elementary education. This guy's answer to the homeless problem is to intervene with the kids.