***The Official LA Isn't So Bad Thread***

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
The LA (South Bay) I grew up in no longer exists. I'm not the least bit impressed with what it has become.
But alas, everything important to me is here in SoCal. So I'll hang in there and find the silver linings and choose to focus on the bright side.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I always have a good time when I visit LA. The talent and the night life can be great.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
If I have to go through LA I try to go through under cover of darkness. At as high a rate of speed as possible.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I know there will probably be more hate and shade thrown on this thread than love, but I'm a native and I love LA. I'm going to celebrate my hometown.

Here is one little bit of potentially good news, especially for South Bay surfers-

this thing is stupid

that dumb boat sitting in the middle of the river is more of a fkn eyesore than the plastic trash on the beach that no one fkn goes to anyway....fkn playa del rey

I'll give $5 to any one of you that has put their feet in the water somewhere between the jetty and the lifeguard tower!

NUNAYA!

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
this thing is stupid

that dumb boat sitting in the middle of the river is more of a fkn eyesore than the plastic trash on the beach that no one fkn goes to anyway....fkn playa del rey

I'll give $5 to any one of you that has put their feet in the water somewhere between the jetty and the lifeguard tower!

NUNAYA!
If there were waves there, I would.
I understand that before my time, Ballona Creek was the spot.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
I spend a lot of time in LA for work (here now).

It's a great city, but I just... can't get in to it.

Every time the weekend rolls around if I don't fly home I leave the city ASAP. It just feels suffocating. Never was much of a city person. But if you are, it's a good one. Always something going down.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I spend a lot of time in LA for work (here now).

It's a great city, but I just... can't get in to it.

Every time the weekend rolls around if I don't fly home I leave the city ASAP. It just feels suffocating. Never was much of a city person. But if you are, it's a good one. Always something going down.
try to get outa town every weekend as well but during the week i aint mad at it. to be able to work in our industry, have great weather - some waves - and mountains / desert close by is priceless to me and when i think of the alternative (NY/London) I get anxiety.