***The Official Dog Thread***

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house

what’s worse, to get snuffed by two great danes, or get nibbled/chewed to death by an ill-mannered pack of 24 of “the world’s cutest dog” variants ? :drowning:

i can’t remember if i posted this in this thread previously, but it’s good for all dog-lovers to keep in mind that it’s in everybody’s best interest to make sure the kibble is plentiful and easily accessed by the favorite pet(s)...

Last edited:

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Well were looking at getting a dog in the next few months, and wondered if anyone here has had a bullmastiff?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Well were looking at getting a dog in the next few months, and wondered if anyone here has had a bullmastiff?
Pure bred BM have serious health issues. Really bad. I would look for a mastiff cross. Or have a big bank account. Life spans are also short. Cool dogs, but the show dog people have fucked them up

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

It's probably a few pages back, but the story of the woman killed by the two Presa Canarios in her apartment in bougie ass Pacific Heights was so wild.

THere's a guy that runs by the lake that I drive by everyday that runs with his dog offleash. It's a Cane Corso, or Presa Canario, or Dogo Argentino, or one of those mega breeds. It looks well behaved and keeps pace with the guy, but gotdamn I wouldn't ever want the liability.

Last edited:
Reactions: keenfish

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
It's probably a few pages back, but the story of the woman killed by the two Presa Canarios in her apartment in bougie ass Pacific Heights was so wild.

THere's a guy that runs by the lake that I drive by everyday that runs with his dog offleash. It's a Cane Corso, or Presa Canario, or Dogo Argentino, or one of those mega breeds. It looks well behaved and keeps pace with the guy, but gotdamn I wouldn't ever want the liability.
The above story is two Great Danes. They’re stupid. IMHO. A large protective dog that is willing to go to the wall to deal with perceived threats is a HUGE responsibility/liability.

My wife used to drive a convertible. My dog, who loved her unconditionally would ride with her and rest his chin on top of the windshield. Impeccably trained. She parked in front of a liquor store and put him on a stay. On her way out some asshole cornered her and started feeling her up. Tora went over the rolled up window and pinned the guy to the wall without biting him. If he tried to move the dog snarled. His head pressing into the dudes crotch. He was going to take it off. He wouldn’t release for my wife. I got a panicked phone call and drove to the store. Dude had literally pissed himself. He was crying. I got Tora to release. It was really tense. Way lucky. That dog was ready to do it. No more ride alongs with mom after that. I loved that dog. But he was a lot.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
20150421_075054000_iOS.jpg

My constant companion in the 1980's. From Punta San Jose to Steamer Lane and all points in between. This guy was magic. Lower Trestles (I was a Stubbies Contest Judge) photo Jeff Divine
I've had a dog in my life since I was a kid. Single, married, or divorced, no matter where my life was at any particular moment, there was always a dog to keep me balanced.

I currently have a Malti-poo and a Bishon that sleep with me every night.

Last edited:

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Everybody and their brother is breeding Cane Corsos now. All over Craigslist. Not good. Anything for a buck. Buyer beware.

• Wow
Reactions: Ifallalot